1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All AFC roads lead through Oakland

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Mr.Scary, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Just watched my beloved Oakland Raiders put the hurt on the Chiefs on one of the worst fields ever. Looks like they found the running game just in time for the playoffs. After shaking the Denver monkey and dusting the Chiefs, Oakland looks ready to rumble.

#1 seed in the AFC. If you want to go to the Super Bowl from the AFC you will need to come through Oakland. I hope New England wins so they can get a nice warm welcome from the black hole.

Rich Gannon is the NFL MVP.

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

We control our destiny. We have homefield advantage the rest of the way. No excuses. JUST WIN BABY!

3. t4651965

t4651965 Member

Jerry Rice is the best football player of my lifetime. I am rooting for his team.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Incredible, This offense is so prolific, It just decides if it wants to run all day or pass all day. :eek:

Gannon only had 79 yards passing, But I'll take a shut-out of the hated Chefs anyways.

The Time is now or never, All the way to San Diego... 8 of our last 9 games were wins. We have the momentum, and the week off will give our players plenty of time to rest.

Raiders all the way.

5. Holden

Holden Member

'02 Raiders- first round and out (well, theyll have a bye but you know what i mean) playoffs - one game, one loss
    but at least this year, they wont have anyone to blame but themselves.

rice is definately one of the best and i love romanowski and i love rod woodson but their time and the rest of the teams time is up.

prolific offenses dont lose 4 games in a row. parity provides nothing prolific.

just dont riot or anything. you raider fans are too dangerously dressed with all those spikes and axes to be piling up in anger.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Congrats to Scary, moe, and all the other "Grayder" fans:p

As much as it pains me to say this, I will be rooting for them if they get to the Super Bowl.

AFC West all the way, baby!

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rod Woodson has 8 interceptions, Jerry Rice has 1100 yards, Romo can still tackle with the best. these guys are still the same guys that made up the NFL's best players, they didn't forget how to play football, they just are doing it a little slower.

Losing 4 games in a row was on the Defense, we couldn't stop anybody because we had no pass rush, and the Offense couldn't dig us out of holes. Around Week 8, The pass rush came alive, Rod Coleman started going insane and piling up sacks. This team is 11-5 not because of Offense, but because the defense was re-worked and was able to turn itself around in midseason.

Don't tell me its all just "parity" and "abberations", The fact is, The Raiders took care of business, and when people were writing them off at 4-4, they turned around and finished 7-1 to end the season. 3-1 in December, Think throwing the ball all season helped the running game? Look a Garner, Wheatley, and Crockett, these guys have hardly seen the ball all year, And look whats happens when you feed it to them.

If you want to sit there and doubt, I'm cool with that, I wish whatever team you are rooting for the best of luck. just remember, The road to SD comes through Oak-Town, and the Old Farts can still play a mean ass game of football.

8. drapg

drapg Member

Beware the Titans. ;)

I can't wait for the rematch... (assuming both teams get that far of course)

9. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Facts is facts.

RAIDERS FOOTBALL

10. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Who you think is going to beat them in Oakland? Miami? 2-5 on the road this year and lost 27-0 last playoff trip to Oakland. NE, Jets, Denver or Tenn? already beat them in Oak so we can do it again. Tenn has improved alot since last time and that would be a great game though.

I think how far they go also depends on a injured pro bowl CB named Woodson.

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Congrats Raider Fans.

12. ROCKSS

Damn, cant you talk about your Raiders without putting down my Dolphins ;)

Seriously though, we sucked big time last year when we went to Oakland but this is a different team so it`s not fair to judge what could happen by what happened. The Dolphins have got to learn to win on the road and if we can hold onto the lead againist the Pats then that will be a step in the right direction. R. Williams has really come on strong in the second half of the season and I expect big things from him in the playoffs.

Good Luck Guys!!!

13. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Sorry, it wasnt meant as a slam on Miami. I am glad Oakland wont be seeing them in the playoffs as the Dolphin D is one of the best in the NFL.

14. ROCKSS

I was just kidding, no offense taken. My Fish choked big time last night and I`m still sick about it. Good Luck, I`ll be rooting for you guys...............AFC all the way

15. ewfd

ewfd Member

So sorry, but the Raider's defense will be their undoing.

Priest should get MVP, but Gannon will probably get it.

At least the Patriots got what they derserved, chumps. Tuck rule my ass.

16. ewfd

ewfd Member

oh man, this is going to be the worst monday night football game ever.

Rams going with a former Bengals 4th string QB, 49ers sitting Garcia and Owens so they won't get hurt going into the playoffs.

Jesus, ABC must have had a hard time promoting this one.

17. drapg

drapg Member

I bet ABC is pissed that this game isn't deciding the NFC West, like they probably hoped when the schedules were created.

18. ewfd

ewfd Member

No lie.

The best games were all yesterday.

This game has very very little importance as far as the playoffs go

19. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Hopefully, Woodson gets well quickly. The D is playing great vs the run but in order to shut down the passing game (Manning, McNair, Maddox on occasion) Oakland will need CW in the lineup. With him in there the D will be pretty solid.

Had Holmes stayed healthy I wouldnt have had too much of a problem if he won it. Gannon deserves it but I have a feeling he is going to get crocked.

As far as the Pats go, I completely agree with you. Thats a b/s rule anyway. Honestly, they only beat Miami was by virtue of a horrible pass interference call that never happened.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

And I was PISSED that Garcia played only the freaking first quarter!

I would have won my fantasy football match-up if it wasn't for this bull****.:(