1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aging Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Dec 12, 2022.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I used to like Lebron before the Decision and surpassing Vlade in GOAT of flopping.

2. lnchan

Silver won't allow it just like how Stern made sure superstars never fouled out.

JumpMan likes this.
  3. lnchan

JVG's fine records from the league are about to lapped.

ElPigto and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. lnchan

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1998-may-31-sp-55256-story.html

I mean, ask yourself: Would you like to be the official who fouled Wilt out? The player all those thousands of people in the seats came to see? Foul Wilt out of a game and you’d foul yourself out of a job.

[...]

So, ask yourself. Are you going to foul Michael Jordan out of any game, much less a playoff game? There are easier ways to commit suicide. Career suicide.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

True that. LeBron is different. Now, I don't think what he's doing is natural. Either way, can't say I'm not entertained.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. JumpMan

And he shouldn't, to be honest. The NBA is a star driven league. Has been since Stern. Today, it is in a low place ratings wise, but they'd be even lower without LeBron and the Lakers. So, whether it be lopsided officiating, trades, or turning a blind eye towards alleged doping, Silver has to protect him.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It isn't just LEBRON, Austin Reeves is a flopping b**** and gets far too many calls.

The Lakers get far too many.....I honestly HATE the way the game is called these days.

DD

Jontro, BelgianRocketsFan and cheke64 like this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The entire Lakers offense is based on trying to draw fouls. Every time Austin Reeves dribbles the ball, that's all he thinks about.

It was wonderful watching a smart, disciplined team like the Heat dismember the Lakers late in the game last week.

Jontro likes this.
  10. lnchan

Like at least with Harden... everyone is trying to decapitate him as he drives the lane.

Jontro likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They all become Giannis on their drives and the best floppers on defense.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

What does that say? Lol. So it's bad that he's so far ahead in plus minus but now you are also saying it's bad he is low after the IST?

I don't even know what your point is. What is his plus minus after the IST? How is it compared to the lakers team? Why are you cherry picking random times when the season ain't even halfway done?

What the hell do you even mean by LBJ being a stat padder? That's just you being a total hater and trying to trivialize the fact that Lebron is still an All Star level player at age 39. Do you even know what stat padding means in the first place?

#312 roslolian, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  13. JumpMan

I never said it was bad that he was so far ahead through the IST. It is bad that he is so low after the IST.

You are so eager to defend LeBron that you don't recognize legitimate criticism. The conversation was about the Laker's struggles post-IST and how Ham was put on the chopping block because of it. I think it wasn't Ham's fault that LeBron was playing terribly, which was a fact.

Recently, he's been playing better. Good for him. The Lakers are also winning more. Good for them. Ham doesn't have to get fired now. Good for him.

I honestly don't know the +/- numbers since the IST. I also don't know where to look them up.

I know that he was struggling in +/- on the games I watched or looked into, which is more than I care to admit. I know the media stopped talking about how much the Lakers outscore other teams when he's playing and how bad they are outscored when he's not. I know he is now third on the team after being way ahead. Thank you for that.

And the Lakers were losing. With all that information, I can confidently say that his +/- since the IST was bad. It makes sense. Maybe I'll search for a way to confirm and give you actual numbers.

The conversation was about a random time of the season. That's why I was talking about that random time.

Jordan is the GOAT stat padder, FR, FR. He just couldn't stat pad for as long as LeBron. He was so good at it that he got bored with it. You could say what you want about his retirement. I have heard things from the official, the suspected, and the esoteric. Whatever it is is what it is.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The IST win by the Lakers had the effect that his mind shut down because it told him he won something....lol.

Offseason mode....

lnchan and JumpMan like this.
  15. lnchan

It is like the Dodgers shutting down every season once they hit 100 regular season wins.

Jontro likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You mean the LA Yakuza.....

Jontro likes this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Fuuck Lebron and his Fuucking Fakers.

Rot in Hell.

Jontro and pippendagimp like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member