1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aggies’ athletics CFO admits to calling A&M president ‘putz’

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rocketfan83, Nov 29, 2011.

1. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Gotta love the internet

http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2011/11/aggies-athletics-cfo-admits-to-calling-am-president-putz/

COLLEGE STATION – The chief financial officer of Texas A&M’s athletics department admitted Tuesday afternoon that he has criticized A&M president R. Bowen Loftin and called him names under an alias on the popular website TexAgs.com.

Jeff Toole, who also serves as the school’s senior associate athletic director, described Loftin as a “putz” and a “hopelessly underqualified puppet” over the summer under the alias UtayAg.

Toole was outed Tuesday on the website by a poster dubbed “iPanic” who searched UtayAg’s posting history, and found one from more than a year ago where UtayAg identified himself as the CFO of A&M athletics.

“I was posting what I thought was an anonymous opinion,” Toole said Tuesday afternoon, adding of his prior admittance of his job as A&M athletics CFO under the UtayAg handle, “That slipped my mind.”

Toole, Texas A&M Class of 1980, said he posted on the site as a “fan and donor.”

On Oct. 1 on the subject of coach Mike Sherman’s contract, Toole posted, “I have to admit that the stupidity on this board always brings me back to the point that I know I’m not the dumbest (expletive) out there.”

Loftin’s office could not be immediately reached. More details to come as this story unfolds today.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Aggies make it too easy sometimes. :grin:

3. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

I'm guessing he got fired?

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

God, I'm past the point of pain via embarrassment.

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he's not wrong.