1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After hours place in midtown

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dream Sequence, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Anyone know of any places in midtown that are open afterhours? I've heard of a place that still serves (eden?) but don't know where it is. Since most of these places are sort of underground (the ones that serve post 2 am atleast), can someone just PM me any places they know?

2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Ruchis Taqueria on Shepherd and Alabama, they serve beer and margaritas post 2 am

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Dont go to Hue on Tuam or I may be forced to kung fu your ass...... Its right next to my condo and I can hear every rowdy fu@ker that stumbles out of there drunk on Fri/Sat around 2:30 AM..... Pisses me off to no end.

If you like LA, the Gotti boys, or just plain annoying people, this is the place for you.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

LOL you've probably heard me a few times...sorry

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whoa whoa whoa places serve past 2am? WHERE? Im in.

6. Fatty FatBastard

Unless you are really into drug culture, I'd highly discourage the after 2:00 a.m. crew.

They make the Lunesta butterfly look like it is on ecstacy...

[​IMG]

Imagine this little glow-stick butterfly coming at you in the middle of the night!

(boomp ba boomp ba boomp ba)

You're screwed!

7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Notsuoh.

But you have to be cool like me to get in.

8. Fatty FatBastard

That's been dead since "The Dungeon" was found out behind it upstairs in 2002...

Try again, rookie.

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Well next time you kick it on the weekends give a shout to Drewdog and I will cut you some slack.... ;)

10. thadeus

Guess they wouldn't let you in, eh?

11. Fatty FatBastard

Considering half the staff were my friends in high school?

12. thadeus

The "staff"? You are aware that I'm talking about the upstairs, right? Seriously man - this whole internet cool guy bit just isn't doing it for anyone. You could at least be funny about it. (Do you find it difficult to distinguish between 'obnoxious' and 'funny'?)

Ah, I am willing to concede that you are exactly as cool as you believe you are, because I can't say it makes much difference, and I have the feeling that no one else believes it anyway.

P.S. I'm still way more TOTALLY AWESOME than you.

13. Fatty FatBastard

Do you live in Houston? You should come out to one of the ClutchFans events. As anyone who has met me will attest, I'm exactly the same in person.

As far as dungeon, I haven't been since Downtown went downhill, status-wise. But, at the time, Paul at the door, and Jackie and Jenny behind the bar, were all good friends of mine.

I haven't seen Jenny in a while. Paul I see every now and then, and Jackie married Ralph, who worked at 7, and they both opened Absinthe.

14. thadeus

Not anymore.

Is Absinthe still open? I figured that place was doomed - I drank there once (it was two blocks from my apartment), but the beer was ridiculously overpriced and the place was jam-packed with bland yuppie types. So I just walked down the street to the Proletariat.

15. Fatty FatBastard

I honestly don't know. I didn't like the location, personally.