1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ADVICE] Headhunter found me on LinkedIn... wants to chat.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by eric.81, May 23, 2018.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I'm EXTREMELY interested in seeing how this goes. @eric.81 please keep us in the loop! But also, best of luck bro!!!

eric.81 likes this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

C'mon, man. You're better than this.

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Often an executive search firm is given a handful of names by their client to contact. So in many cases, if you are receiving a call, then it's not random. The client will use a search firm to avoid having to make an awkward call to someone they do business with and/or to avoid the accusation of poaching from industry participants or customers. My best advice to people receiving calls from search firms is to entertain a discussion but wait to signal interest, instruct them to commit to full confidentiality, and only send across your resume once you have a very good understanding of the opportunity. Don't be over-eager. It's also the case that search firms cast a broad net and contact many people, so don't get your hopes too high on any one opportunity. Know that other qualified candidates are also receiving the same call.

The above is very valuable advice from a major industrialist, so read this multiple times to ensure comprehension.

GOOD DAY

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

it's very hard to believe that a high level position fell in your lap like this. I'm pretty sure there a many internal employees that would be ticked off that an outside employee landed the job.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No you aren't.

da_juice and eric.81 like this.
  6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Thank you! I appreciate the support and will definitely update. Again, it went really well and she's already scheduled a follow-up for next week. It'd be a big step, but nothing I don't feel absolutely confident I could handle. Being able to log on here and receive some well-reasoned, calming advice and some shots of confidence was CLUTCH.

As always, Clutchfans is the best.

#26 eric.81, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ehhh, that's up for debate.