1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Administration Spies on Everyone. Blackmailing?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, May 12, 2006.

Tags:
  1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

No, there are plenty of principled conservatives out there who agree with the Bush stance on various issues, but not everything that Bush does or says. MadMax agrees with the administration's position on abortion and Hayes agrees with the action in Iraq to name a couple of examples. I don't think that either of them qualify as "Bushbots." However, there are a number of people on this board who don't seem to have any problem with anything that Bush does (we all know who they are) and even defend the most outrageous actions of this administration, for example describing the outing of a CIA agent as a "kerfluffle" and claiming that Abu Ghirab amounted to nothing more than "naked pyramids."

THOSE are the "Bushbots."

Honestly, this is the single biggest problem I have had with Bush. He has NEVER been about compromise. He claimed that he was a "uniter not a divider" and since he had his transition team in place, has done nothing but marginalize the opposition, polarize the country, and preside over the most divisive government in my memory.

He had a massive opportunity to become one of the greatest leaders this country, and the world, had ever seen in 9/11. The entire country united under him, giving him 90% and higher approval ratings and supporting everything he did. The entire world united with us for the action in Afghanistan and even French newspapers trumpeted "we are all Americans today."

He took that political capital and flushed it, and the reputation of America, down the toilet since.

He had the opportunity, but he squandered it in favor of petty political gain.

And some of you bought into it.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

And this explains his "soaring" approval ratings?

OH, and I think MadMax offered up that he voted for Clinton at least once, so I don't know if you can count him as a Republican Regular.

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it makes you feel any better, glynch has called me a moderate Republican before. Just accept that you are evil and everything will be fine, OK?

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

No, it explains the war in Iraq, the tax cuts that have benefitted primarily the rich, and the Medicaid giveaway to the pharmaceutical industry.

But he is a conservative who is definitely not a Bushbot. That is my point.