1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABC News Reports RNC Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out of Race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My Labradoodle has a better shot at beating Hillary. She'd be the first female canine President!

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nice. good one. :grin:

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Been looking for a place to put this thought for a couple of weeks:

If Trump loses by less than 5%, his supporters will start a relatively large scale violent (guns) protest after Trump tells them "I told you it's rigged".

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Maybe he'll find the real killers while he's at it?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You think Trump, a man with his head so far up his own a** he can eat breakfast twice, is looking at these polls and thinking to himself "man, I'm a total goner!"?

He was using the "corrupt/rigged system Washington elites" narrative a year ago. It's not a new strategy.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Sounds legit.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Why are people surprised that establishment does not want a non-establishment politician in the white house?

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

LOL, yes that is the reason why people will not vote Trump.

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

I'm confused. What is it then that you think he's going to see that will convince him to drop out of the race? The Republican Party completely abandoning him? Either way, he's far better off post-election with his narrative of him losing a rigged election than dropping out right in the middle of the race.

10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

This is why I keep cracking up every time I listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity spew their "They just don't like him b/c he doesn't fit with the establishment..." nonsense. You feel like screaming at the radio, "No, you ****ing dumbasses, they don't like him b/c he says highly offensive things, has extremely thin skin, doesn't know **** about foreign policy, and is an extremely toxic candidate." They would go so far as to accept Cruz, whom they generally hate, easily over Trump.

11. pirc1

I don't believe Rush and Sean are that dumb, they only say that to influence the true morons out there.

1 person likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Your years profiting off of dictatorships has skewed your view of elections.

Sean Hannity has been pro-Trump from day 1 when most conservative talking heads were pushing Ted Cruz.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Oh you mean like this guy?

14. pirc1

If that is even a real person.

1 person likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure, Trump is the kind of candidate that increases numbers for ANYONE who runs against him. In fact, the only reason he won the Republican nomination was that the vote was splintered 17 ways. More Republicans voted against him than for him and those people aren't going to vote for him now. They'll either not vote, or they'll vote for someone else. Gary Johnson will get a decent number of those.

16. TheresTheDagger

I can honestly say that I DO believe Sean Hannity is that dumb. I've seen him cheerlead for Trump for months now...even to the detriment of Cruz who he loved prior to Trump's ascent.

Other Republican candidates got screwed over by Hannity nightly on his show to the point of ridiculousness. It was Trump every night during the primaries for 6 months. The rest....maybe once a month if that much. He's always been very hard right and since McCain/Romney lost has cemented that status even more so.

Of course, he simply claims he was reflecting what the people wanted in his coverage (all the while helping to form that result with his coverage). He pisses me off.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a large part of what made it "Trump News"

18. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

19. TheresTheDagger

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope he doesn't drop out. This like a snowball heading down a mountain.

He will probably fall more and more behind, while at the same time the pressure will continue rising. He will then say more outlandish things day after day.

Perhaps he shaves his head and moves to an isolated island to rule Brando style.