1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks in China

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by bullardfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

2. VanityHalfBlack

LOL does he sleep at Best Western??? Kitchen in the sink and the portable hot plate, lol.. It's like Dorm room college all over again...

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Marbury wit 50+ points, Marcus Williams with 40+ points, JR Smith did it. Chinese league must be like Rucker Park lol.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

His place does look kind of sad. I think it actually IS a Best Western. Probably a room with 2 queen sized beds.

How would it work out if they pick up chicks and bring them to their room?

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Loved Aaron Brooks as a player. He hit the clutch 3s before Kyle learned about the 3 point line. Had a great season or so here. Too bad the injury bug pretty much prevented him from getting any better. Didn't he step on Manu Ginobaldi's foot? Godamn.

6. cod

cod Member

LOL, he doesn't eat seafood, and his agent sends him to Guangdong. Even I know that the chinese restaurants with the aquarium set ups are cantonese cuisine and I rarely eat chinese food.

7. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

just happy to see he's doing well there. dude played his heart out for us... until he quit on the team but still he was a big part of the squad that broke the 1st round curse and took the lakers to 7 games. like maxwell, i will always respect the guy.

8. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

I am in Korea right now and it is my first time ever in the far east, so I can relate to much of what he said. Even people who do speak some English, you have to choose your words very carefully for them to understand.

My apartment is WAY nicer though. He needs to upgrade. Didn't he get $2 million /yr?

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I bet AB will come back a better player and better person after this, with a stronger work ethic. I really admire that he's stuck it out and played his best and helped carry his team instead of being a little b*** about it like Kenyon Martin.

Always liked AB. I doubt he wants anything to do with Houston anymore and I know a lot of other fans would hate this, but if we wind up sending out Lowry in a trade I would not mind at all bringing Brooks back in the offseason.

10. nemac

nemac Member

Didn't the rockets get rid of him because he was too small and couldn't defend?

So, how's his defense looking these days then? How's he performing overall? He's a nice guy, it will be a good experience for him. Toughest thing would be not seeing the wife and kids, I think he's got a couple of little ones, wonder how often he does get to see 'em.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

He was traded because he sprained his ankle and Lowry outplayed him in his absence. Brooks wasn't happy coming off the bench and was shooting poorly, so adios.

Despite his lack of defensive ability, Brooks should still be a valuable player on offense when he returns to the NBA. He probably fits best on a team where he doesn't have to be the primary ballhandler though.

12. lean

lean Member

Aaron Brooks will always be one of my favorite players regardless where he's playing. btw are he and his brother twins?? They look exactly the same lol cept the hair.

13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Anybody know how I can sell my 500 AB rookie cards in China?

14. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

He was in the perfect place at the perfect time for him to have a huge season here, with Yao and T-Mac's injuries. It was the perfect setup for a breakout year. Wish he was still here, coming off the bench, but at least we got Dragic.

15. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Aaron had some bad luck. Ginobili cost him millions of dollars. The lockout didnt help either. That ginobili play still pisses me off to this day. Totally unnecessary, he tried to slide in front of Brooks on a last second halfcourt heave at the end of the first half. Brooks twisted his ankle real bad in a contract year.