1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A question for people who went to poor schools

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimbaud, Aug 17, 2018.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I didn’t go to a poor school, but my 10th grade English teacher was fired around the midway point for hitting a student with a book. The long term sub had no idea what she was doing, so we partied for the rest of the year.

She didn’t know that the carbon copy on an office referral needed to go to the office, so she’d hand us the entire slip and expect us to turn ourselves in on the honor system.... my buddy and I would purposely get written up multiple times a week.

A classmate did get the cops called for smoking weed during a movie and blowing it into a coke bottle. So there’s that. But he had gotten away with it a few other times.

We didn’t do too much of the required reading that year. I made a B.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

in ME, Senior year score of high school was everything to determine which major/school you will end up going for. I was always a 96-97% student avoiding all poteintal troubles until I transferred to a private school for the last semester aiming to boost my grades. Ended up getting into a fight with a student, who happen to be the kings's nephew ,we resolved it later,but the school Egyptian principal/co-owner took it personally, made sure he chopped 15% of my score including attendence record which forced to me after to go overseas. Recently that prince~ student was promoted to a big position,I'm tempted if for some reason met him again to remind him how I kicked his costly Royal ass

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Math teachers are paid the same as PE teachers or any other subject.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

My son goes to a top dollar private school and was not taught 6th grade math and 7th grade science.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It cant be that simple replacing a qualified teacher in more difficult subjects. Especially in a situation where school has already started so most qualified people are already working

I missread the OP. Sorry to go off on ancillary subjects

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member