1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Letter from Mom...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GMNot, May 3, 2007.

1. GMNot

GMNot Member

(Just for a little entertainment.)

Dear Children,

I hope you are all taking care of one another -- you know eating well, getting to bed early and keeping each other out of trouble.

I thought I should send a note to each of you since you are away from home in the wilderness.

Rafey, dear, try not to get too excited like you did as a child when you would jump up and down on the couch -- so high that you near broke your head open that time you hit a crooked spring and launched into a wall. It draws wolves and all sorts of wild animals. Stay under control and keep a watchful eye on your brothers.

Tracy, you need to be strong when you're away from home 'cause you know how everybody else looks to you and follows your lead. And please don't wear that shirt you've got that with that awful saying, "I'm gonna put my will on it." Let others say what they will, you just let your actions speak for you.

Yao, stand tall, but watch out for doorways and other people who sometimes think your just a tree. You know what dogs do to trees. And try not to puff your cheeks out like you do sometimes when your in a crowd. You have such a sweet face and I don't like those pictures they take of you like that. Oh, and if people try to make fun of you because of your size, just get that wild look you can get and growl like a grizzly.

Shane, dear Shane. Don't be so shy. You're always afraid that being offensive will hurt other's feelings. Just do it in the right way and they'll see your heart is good.

Luther, please, get back to being yourself. I know you've struggled trying to be someone you think you should be, making points with others and all. But stay within your limits and you'll be fine. Don't pass up any good opportunities but please pass up the bad ones. And don't pass at all if you shouldn't.

And Chucky, remember to wipe your hands real good when they get dirty. You know how you like to play in the dirt and if your hands get slick you might hurt yourself when you use the wrong kind of tools. You always did like camping, especially the fire. Just respect it and don't go chasing the sparks.

Juwany, you know how important it is for you to be the serious one. Sometimes the others can get a little rowdy when they're having fun or when they are in a panic. Just stay calm and don't worry that people think you don't smile enough. And if they do get in a panic be sure to clean up after them.

Deke, deary. Don't look so sad. You get so defensive sometimes. But that's a good thing when you get attacked. Just don't get so excited that you get to swinging those elbows out of control. You remember the last time that happened when Tracy got too close. And if you should run into a game warden out there in the brush, you just show him that those elbows are really weapons. You did remember to renew your hunting license, didn't you?

And finally, Kirk, Luc, Jake, Spanny, and little Stevie, I know how bad you want to leave camp with the rest of the guys when they go off hunting and hiking. And maybe you'll get to go some, as long as one of them goes with you. But it's best if they ask you to stay and guard the camp that you do so.

Now, I'm a little worried about that tour guide, Jeff. He seems like a nice man I just hope he knows the part of the country your in well enough to keep you all safe. Just remember, sometimes your instincts are your best guide. But since you don't know the country for sure you need to listen to him and do your best to follow his instructions.

I will write to little Bobby and Bonzi to say how sorry I was that they didn't get to make the trip this time. I know Bobby would have been the life of the party. Bonzi would have enjoyed it, too. He just gets too discombobulated at times and that's how he missed the train this last time.

All right, dearies. Have a good time. Keep safe. And I'll keep you in my heart until you get back home.

Love,
    Mama Roxy

2. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

an interesting read at 2am in the morning :p

3. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Nice writing, nice reading. 5 stars for the fun...

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

ahh what??!!!!......put the bong away dude....

5. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Slightly weird, but it was creative.

6. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Should be 5 Stars!

Thanks for ... making me not so nervious before The Games. Get rid of Jazz and Mavs TODAY!!

7. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

You're bad keep up the good work.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Awww, make ya feel all warm and fuzzy! :)

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I love ya Mamma Roxy. and them Rocket cookies you make - mmm delecious.

10. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Great read!! I loved it... Mama Roxy!!