1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Great History Lesson on Systemic Racism.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Jul 6, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This was really good..

T_Man

DVauthrin, RayRay10, durvasa and 4 others like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Jon Stewart with his insights.
    "I think that Black people had to fight so hard for equality while White people were building equity..."

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That was a very good video. Wealth creation is a very real issue in terms of systematic racism.

However I hate comparing the opioid crisis to the crack epidemic. I do agree that possession sentences hurt blacks in the eighties and nineties. But in terms of dealing with dealers, crack violence was off the charts.

The thing about crack is kids were making so much money they were willing to kill, and could afford guns. So law enforcement did what they could to curb violence. They had never seen anything like it.

The stat that 70% of black men had factory jobs in 1970 and then the percentage drops incredibly, I forget the year, probably is mirrored not exactly but somewhat by white men. The economy and crack hurt black progress in the eighties and nineties and you can physically see it in black neighborhoods.

Lastly backs can still help ourselves. Our kids don't do well and Hispanics have taken over in good trade and other blue collar jobs because they are willing to work those jobs and appreciate them. We can debate the school system but black kids still have options if they don't do well in school. We have to get in homes and train black kids to still work with what they can get.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The system that allows for equal rights is so terribly racist yall. Now let's complain that our parents weren't wealthy and we aren't going to inherit an easy path in life. That's totally something that only and always affects black people.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

this was really good...thanks for posting

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

In response to another video, but a great breakdown on these issues:

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Crowder REALLY hit this false belief system hard.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing. Seems like a good summary of the history that led to the lower wealth we see today for Black families.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. T_Man

I was reviewing the video again and it got me to thinking about a situation that happened a while back when i was first starting my IT career..

I was working a Big corporation in the North Dallas area and there was system that was built by this couple that were the architect in an old programming language...

Management wanted to move to this new language at the time to make the app more responsive and give it more flare instead of the old ATM type of look and feel.

The 2 architects fought like crazy to not update the system and to find out it was because they felt like they would lose the control and power they had, since they did not know the new language. They could care less about the company moving forward, it was more about them keeping their control and security.

The crazy thing is, they still had both even with upgrading to the new language since they were creators of the system.....

The same goes for some of the post and mind set that I see on the board... People are posting things, so that they can keep the things the way that are saying "I don't see a problem with the system and why should it change" basically so they can keep the control and the security...

T_Man

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

People legitimately disagree on merit. You can't have honest debate when questioning people's motives.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. T_Man

I agree...

WE ALL NEED to open our EARS and OUR MINDS to all information...

T_Man

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.