1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A funny thing happened to me at the doctor's office..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Valio!, May 30, 2001.

1. Valio!

Valio! Member

I was in the doctor's office yesterday and came across an OLD Sports Illustrated where they had pre-season (2000) rankings of how they expected NBA teams to do. They put the Rockets WAY down near the bottom of the Western Conference. Behind Seattle...even behind Golden State if I recall! I think in the entire league they were ranked like #22 or #23. I nearly broke out laughing at the in-depth analysis these sports experts provided. After all, they predicted Portland to win the whole thing.

So let's keep our heads high! Regardless of what happens with Webber, how the draft goes...the Rockets are already about a billion times better than SI expected at the beginning of last year. It's only going to get better from here!

------------------
    "I didn't like jr. high when I was there. Why would I want to watch it on tv?" P. Mesku's opinion about "Survivor"

2. raww

raww Member

You actually read SI. They have always dissed Houston, and they will continue to do so. Those idiots don't know any about sports PERIOD!

------------------
    RAWW
    Paid for by the Frudy T. Gin and Juice Daquari Factory.

3. Valio!

Valio! Member

Well, it was either SI or Working Woman...Im sure Working Woman is a very fine publication and all, but... [​IMG]

------------------
    "I didn't like jr. high when I was there. Why would I want to watch it on tv?" P. Mesku's opinion about "Survivor"

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'd rather read Working Women than SI!! [​IMG]

------------------
    It's my way or the highway!