1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

A few observations about these great fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arbitrator, Jul 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Member

Mr. Nomar and Mr. pippendagimp, I have no idea why you have such sentiments towards me, I apologize if I have done anything to offend you.

Mr. Eric, again, I want to discuss how he would fit into the potential system, not whether he can be productive with ten points and six rebounds a year or not. The other half of this is that sometimes a player feels unwanted because they don't understand how they fit into a team (outside of nostalgia). Mr. JeffB has done a great job of discussing this. I am sure with your verbose and beautiful language you have the potential to be as equally effective.

Also, I think it is premature to simply say Mr. Olajuwon will only play fifty games, however you are entitled to your opinion (as long as you do not establish an absolute).

I look forward to your thoughts, and welcome to the ClutchCity BBS (should such a welcome ever be feasible on my behalf).

------------------

2. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Achebe, (er..Mr. Achebe), South Carolina, are you kidding me? How did I not pick that up? You did notice my East Texas accent didn't you?

------------------

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I have a feeling that something really, really hilarious just happened to someone's posting privileges. I won't name any names.

4. Eric

Eric Member

Okay Mr. Arbitrator, points well taken. I understand that you are not looking at the Hakeem situation from simply a statistical perspective.

On the other hand, thinking of it from the perspective of "how he fits into the current team" doesn't change my opinion at all. He is 37 and prone to blood clots in his legs, hardly the criteria on which to keep a player in a lineup of 20-somethings with 30-something verticals.

Also, I do not think he could play more than 50-60 games this coming season if he remains in the west. Four battles with the likes of Shaq, Arvydas, D-Rob, and Vlade would hinder anyone that was 37 years old, especially if they were in Dream's current health conditions.

Despite my love for his game and his contributions over the last 17 years (wow!), if I were the one that had to make this team BETTER from a BASKETBALL standpoint, for now and for 5 years from now, Hakeem would not be in my plans.

Like I said though, seeing the old guy in Raptors purple or even worse, New York Blue and Orange would make me want to puke!

[Note to Drayton McClain, Jr. and Gerry Hunsicker: remember what happens with Olajuwon and somehow try to avoid it with Biggio and Bagwell. I would like to have some hall of famer, ANY hall of famer retire wearing ONLY a Houston Uniform.]

------------------
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Arbitrator,

Are you really going to keep up this Mr. stuff as your posting style? Politeness is great and everything, but thoughtful writers and intellects know there medium of expression better than that.

I mean, if you talk to a police officer do you say, "Yes Mr. Police Officer; no Mr. Police Officer."

No, the polite thing to say is "Yes Officer Brown," or just "Yes Officer."

No one says Mr. Brown.

Say in this forum when an administrator is talking to you, and you want to be polite; I'd suspect the polite method is "Yes Admininstrator; No Adminstrator." Or Administrator Kagy. Mr. Kagy in neither polite, nor appropriate for your medium of choice, and you know it.

Formal politeness via addressing people with titles is not done in layman landscapes. Quit using the pedantic prose of a parodistic pariah to discuss Mr. Achebe's concerns about Mr. Olajuwon. What kind of personality is that?

That of a Troll.

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

If Arbitrator is a 12 year old... you're probably sending him mixed messages about title usage. His mother may be disappointed in you. [​IMG]

BTW, where did your last post go crispee?

------------------
    Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Don't expect a response anymore from Mr. Arbitrator, Mr. Crispee [​IMG].

------------------
    This signature has been shortened due to popular demand :).

8. Eric

Eric Member

I hate to ask a "Junior Member" question, but what happened to Arbitrator? Who "was" he before he was Arbitrator? I'm just curious... he's stirred up some drama up in here and I don't really understand why. If you can't post an answer, my email is in my profile... thanks.

------------------

9. heypartner

OK Achebe, how about "layman landscapes on the Internet."

I've never ONCE been addressed as Mr. Crispee at the bridge tables at Yahoo. And there are plenty of old Southern belles playing bridge with me.

this reminds me: why is the phone company called Pac Bell and Southwestern Bell, but not Southern Bell? They call is Bell South.

10. heypartner

Eric, we don't like people who use Mr. around these parts until they know the gender of the poster.

That is just too impolite to get your genders wrong. We ALWAYS boot those people. It is actually in your registration license agreement not to assume gender in formal speech.

How about that Mrs. Achebe?

11. Achebe

It used to be Southern Bell... I don't know why they changed it.

BTW, I just realized that the game starts in a few minutes. There's no real reason for me not to go, other than the fact that I won't get there until late into the second quarter (the SLCC is across town).

Should I go? Do you guys need more photos?

------------------

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, please, thanks [​IMG].

------------------

13. Band Geek Mobster

I like pictures.

------------------
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking,
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

14. Eric

Eric Member

Crispee, thanks for answering me. I really didn't think anyone was going to give my post a second look. I just felt like a rookie in this thread becuase everyone was talking trash to Arbitrator and I didn't necessarily know why. In chat, I read that some people thought he was "pine cone" or something and that he was a troll? Whatever... anyway, thanks for helping me out. I am not new to CC.net but I am new to the chat and BBS and I have to say, it's really fun and interesting. If you know Clutch or Jeff or any of the other administrators, give them my full thanks.

Everyone have a great weekend...

------------------

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have to admit that it sounds pretty cool to put a "Mr." in front of every name...so can you say which regular poster did that, Brian (since you said the IP address looked familiar)?

Thanks, Mr. ....errr....Brian. [​IMG]

------------------

16. Achebe

PRM, Det...

even though you both question the almighty Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon, I will get photos for you. Only b/c I am the better man though. LOL!

The only problem is I now have to go pick up someone at the mouth of Parley's... i.e. the other direction. I won't get there until the 2nd half. Hopefully the Mrs. won't hate me tonight. I mentioned I might pick her up from work.

BTW, I have to stay for the Utah game for getting this guy to go to the game with me. I won't be back for a while.

------------------

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hey, I never did! [​IMG] I am on the ZRB side in this, remember? But you ARE the better man...for getting those pictures...thanks!!!

------------------

18. heypartner

I think it is pretty cool to put Mein Furer in front of every German poster, but that's just me.

Mein Furer Det The Threat is the coolest German on the board.

btw: Det, weren't you Mrs German Rocket, because she once stormed out after I said "He's a Nazi," thinking I was talking to you. But really using that as a "stiff prude" referring to someone else.

19. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

This thread has gotten totally out of control!!

There's so much bullsh** flying around that my screen is turning brown and the keyboard is starting to smell.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. heypartner

by their very nature, trolls spew **** in clever ways...but it is still **** nonetheless, even if you put Mr. in front of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.