1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Bigot is in D&D and No One is doing ANYTHING about it!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Deckard, Aug 3, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The LOF hated Clutch because Clutch interviewed Lin but didn't worship or be in awe of Lin .
    It's like a weird jealousy because they can't be that close to Lin like Clutch

2. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

No kidding. However just because people post in non-rockets related threads doesn't mean they aren't Rockets fans.

There is a reason there is a Texans section, Astros, hangout, etc...

I personally would love to get rid of the Tinman only fans (TOFs) that act like hangers on to every word you say. I wish y'all would just make a 99ers only section where y'all can all beat to each other's drum.

Your arrogance is fantastic. Join date doesn't mean "I've been a rockets fan since this exact time." I was actually there to watch us win game 4 in Houston against the Magic. I didn't become a Rockets fan yesterday. But thanks for continuing to "educate" everyone about the history of the Rockets... yeah man. I remember too. Most of us do.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Um, pretty sure it's acceptable on Clutchfans. Tinman still posts here right?

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

99 is not the year we became Rockets fans

99 is the year when pure Rockets brotherhood was established. When Clutch asked for hardcore Rockets fans. We delivered.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I only trust Clutch and the 99ers

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I never target a race of people.
    But if you are talking about my goal to eliminate lin only fans they aren't people
    They are insects

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This de-escalated quickly. Like Kenny Smith after a dunk.

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

In 24 years of living I had never heard the word bigotry until Trump and now people just yell at another if they say one wrong word

Do you know any transgender people? Just want to know why your so passionate

Banning people or anything related to just shutting the door on someone for saying their opinion is childish though. I think it shows that you not only can you not handle the real world but you also don't care to teach or allow someone to learn. You would rather just cuss someone out in public than just let them go on being ignorant. Which doesn't solve anything except make the right side hate the left side even more. Basically freedom of speech seems to only apply to those who agree with you, if not they get yelled at for being a bigot.

Ya being transgender is emotionally/socially hard as we go through this modern social change but going straight to the gauntlet when you hear something you don't like doesn't do anything productive.

I'm not saying it's not wrong to call someone a tranny but the the last transgender I met said he wants me to stick his nub up his ass so excuse me if I think some people get to crazy when someone cracks a joke on the internet.

I hate the word bigotry being thrown around because it just classifies someone who hates people who are differentJust like gay people, transgenders have a long road of proving to America and the world that they are just as equal through hard work and how they uphold themselves

Our society is moving so rapidly it's hard for people to catch up, but we could always live in the Middle East where they kill women for stepping out of line

9. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I realize that. That was literally my exact point. Join date has nothing to do with when you became a Rockets fan. Hopefully one day you will understand this concept...

My lord you are hard to talk to... it still doesn't stop all the 99ers from patting each other on the back in their echo chamber.

#29 smitheygerard, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I don't disagree with you Deckard, but you just need to be quicker on the ignore function. I ignored that sucker and his buddy after their second or third post.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Every group has their own "you can't say it only we can say it" word.

smitheygerard likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

dude you joined the exact same day as the other dude on this thread.

we can figure this out easily. Sherlock Holmes mystery it isn't.

13. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah broheim bc people can't join the same day without being the same person. You can check IP addresses or do whatever the hell you want. You are an absolute joke.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've known KevinsBacon for years. Doesn't mean we are the same person.

When you garner enough mental fortitude to have real conversations without side stepping the original point get back to me. Otherwise go back to trying to educate 45 year old fans like they are 4 year olds about what it was like to watch Calvin Murphy and Rudy Tomjanovich play.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, I do know transgender people. I don't live under a rock, like some of you do. So you've lived 24 years? Congratulations. What is that supposed to mean to me, who is a hell of a lot older than that?

Let me ask all of you, excepting the bigoted troll I'm complaining about, what your reaction would be if a member here started tossing the "N" word around just for "fun." Just to troll, as KevinsBacon is doing. How long do you think he or she would last here? Minutes? Yet it is apparently OK to use a bigoted word aimed at another minority in this country, a much smaller minority without the numbers or clout the Black community has. I'm sure the Black community wishes they had a hell of a lot more influence and equality in America than they do now, but at least great strides have been made. I can testify to that. Well, transgender folks are a much smaller minority, often disowned by their parents, who simply don't understand them and blow them off instead of making an attempt to do so.

I would argue that a very small minority needs, if anything, even more protection from bigotry than Black or Hispanic or Jewish Americans. They don't make up tens of millions of citizens, yet they are as patriotic as anyone else. As a percentage of the population, more than twice as many are serving, or have served, in the military, protecting you and I and our families. Yet their service to America is under assault by an administration that is attempting to reverse great progress towards ending bigotry in this country. Their military service is under assault. Their civil rights are under assault by some, although far from all, state legislatures, including that of Texas while it is in special session, right now. Why? Misunderstanding of a minority and outright bigotry.

I'm surprised and disappointed with so many of you, who seem eager to sweep bigotry against transgender Americans under the rug. "Put them on ignore!" is the advice. To ignore blatant bigotry? Why, in god's name, would I wish to do that? Working to end discrimination is something I've had an ardent interest in since the 1960's. Earlier, I said I remembered Whites Only signs at public places in Houston. Should we have ignored that? The fight against bigotry in America isn't limited to one group or another. The fight against bigotry effects all Americans. It is an effort to polish the soul of this country. To end bigotry wherever we find it. Anything less is a betrayal of what America stands for.

HakeemOnlyFan and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

How is that humanly possible?

Do you even school, bro?

HakeemOnlyFan and DudeWah like this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Deckard, in my more limited experience, putting someone on blast for making crude, insulting remarks about an entire group of people who are different rarely works in getting them to change their behavior. More often than not, it makes them defensive and they dig in their heels even more. This seems especially true on the internet.

You're better off, I think, trying to calmly explain why the insulting words they use belie whatever rational point they may be attempting to make and just negatively reflects on them. And if that doesn't work, just stop engaging them on the topic.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ordinarily, I would agree with you, durvasa. I'm one of those guys who frequently suggests to other members bent of of shape about something to just put the offender on ignore. This is different. This is outright bigotry. My understanding has been, for many years, that bigoted posts aren't allowed at ClutchFans, regardless of the forum. If that policy has changed, I want to know about it from the Admins. If making openly bigoted posts in D&D is "OK" these days, I want to have that knowledge. If openly bigoted posts in D&D are only allowed when it effects certain minorities, but are OK when they are aimed at others, I want to know why. Until I get an answer that makes sense, I will continue to report bigotry wherever I see it here. If a member is on ignore, I won't see it, but that doesn't make it go away.

To be clear, I don't know what "Blast" means, and really don't care. I am only interested in ending the bigotry I see here that is aimed at a small minority under assault in this country. If I see it aimed at another small minority, I'll see what I can do about that, as well. It's way past time to put this crap in the rear view mirror.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How would you define bigotry, at least the sort that should be off limits here? When pushing for censorship of any kind, even with the best of intentions, the lines in the sand need to be crystal clear to everyone in my view,

Personally, I think calling trans people "trannies" is akin to calling gay people "homos". So if the latter is off limits here, then I would expect both should be.

There are many that insist on labeling trans people as mentally ill, and on that basis denying them access to certain facilities or jobs. Does that also qualify as bigotry? People should be allowed to express genuinely-held views, even if we find them repugnant,

Using certain words that are intended solely to demean people is what I'd focus on. Not general "bigotry".

And "on blast" maybe wasn't the right phrase here -- just meant calling them out in an aggressive manner.

#38 durvasa, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"Using words that are intended solely to demean people is what I'd focus on. Not general "bigotry." Well said. That is exactly what I am focused on. I'm not crazy enough to think that bigotry in general is going to end here or anywhere else, but we can end "Using words that are intended solely to demean people." I would add "groups of people - minorities, words solely intended to express bigotry and to demean a minority."

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I thought this was a thread by that coward just a yankee. He is the dude who likes to call out people to get banned in the feedback section cuz he too p***y to address them directly.

KevinsBacon likes this.