1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

94 -95 Rockets Team #10 on list of underdogs that won championships

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cato13, Aug 12, 2003.

1. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

3. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

DOUBLE DAMN!! IT

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

That's not as bad as when i was at work and they had the damn game showing on ESPN Classic. That was real nice just to sit there and watch the Cougars Kick ass until the end and know exactly what was coming in the end...I also enjoyed their nice series they had on the Astros that year agains the Mets. I wish thing like that can be blacked out by the loosing city.

5. MONON

MONON Member

In 69, I was in the Air Force stationed in OKC. My best friend was a Mets fan. Sometimes it's hell being a Cubs fan, but when your best friend gives it to you; it hurts twice as bad!!!

Oh well! Such is life. Needless to say, I eventually moved to Houston just in time to become a Cougar fan for the 82-83 season.

I got the pleasure of being on the loosing end of 2 of the top 4 underdog wins of all time! :eek:

Thank God for the Rockets!!:D :D

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The thing that annoys me the most is that that fluke play is basically the only reason Guy V. Lewis isn't in the hall of fame today.

Travesty.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

AAAAAHHHHHHH! Son of a......!!!!!! *%#@!:mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Wow. Reading all these posts about the 94-95 Rockets is giving me goosebumps.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Very true. Fluke play it was. Their star player shot an airball after almost being stolen, and a scrub slammed it home.

Guy Lewis deserves much more love.

10. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

:) :)

11. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

That and the fact that pretty much everyone in college basketball says that Lewis was just a figurehead with very little knowledge of the game. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Either way, it's been said so much that enough people believe it's true enough to keep him out.

Disclaimer: this not my opinion, and just something I have read in several articles and books.

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

"I defy anyone to say we backed into this one," said Rockets exec. Bob Weinhauer. "Last year, they said Michael wasn't in the playoffs, and Seattle got beat in the first round and all that kind of garbage. This year, we only had to beat the four best teams in the NBA -- and we had to beat them all on their court."

Brilliant! :D