1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#%!!(%$#!@!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohen, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...040810/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_intelligence_leak

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wow.

be careful, though, cohen!! some may be deeply "offended" at the insinuations you're making about this administration or our intelligence services simply by posting this article. ;)

3. Cohen

:D

I am quite proud of my self-constraint. I wouldn't want to insinuate that anyone ever puts votes ahead of civilians' lives. No sir.

4. Cohen

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A sad thing when journaliststs go ahead with information that is harmful.

DD

6. Cohen

It's not their fault when the Administration intentionally leaks it:

...National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) acknowledged Sunday that Khan's name had been disclosed to reporters in Washington "on background," meaning that it could be published, but the information could not be attributed by name to the official who had revealed it. ...

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It's not what we were told ron.

11. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Boo hoo.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Gives more credence to the political timing conspiracy.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A huge mistake.

DD

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

As somebody who cares about the well-being of America, I'm happy there's no threat.

15. rimrocker

I'm happy there is no immediate threat, but I'm not foolish enough to think the danger from Al-Q or an offshoot is gone. As somebody who cars about the well-being of America, I'm furious that the Bush Administration plays politics with the warnings, neglected Afghanistan to focus on Iraq, depended on tribal fighters to capture OBL instead of putting a bunch of troops into Tora Bora, and keeps screwing our intelligence sources.

We need an approach to terror that is not dysfunctional, meaning, one where the primary concern is terror and not domestic politics.

16. bigtexxx

Do we need a "sensitive approach" to terror?

*snicker*

17. rimrocker

Do Republicans think Dems don't have Google?

Kerry on August 5:

"The first part focuses on security. I will fight this war on terror with the lessons I learned in war. I defended this country as a young man, and I will defend it as president of the United States. I believe I can fight a more effective, more thoughtful, more strategic, more proactive, more sensitive war on terror that reaches out to other nations and brings them to our side and lives up to American values in history. I lay out a strategy to strengthen our military, to build and lead strong alliances and reform our intelligence system. I set out a path to win the peace in Iraq and to get the terrorists wherever they may be before they get us." (Kerry, 8/5/04)

Bush in 2001:

"We help fulfill that promise not by lecturing the world, but by leading it. Precisely because America is powerful, we must be sensitive about expressing our power and influence. Our goal is to patiently build the momentum of freedom, not create resentment for America itself. We pursue our goals, we will listen to others. We want strong friends to join us, not weak neighbors to dominate. In all our dealings with other nations, we will display the modesty of true confidence and strength." (Bush Remarks at USS Regan Ceremony, 3/4/01)

Bush last week at the UNITY conference:

"Now, in terms of the balance between running down intelligence and bringing people to justice obviously is -- we need to be very sensitive on that." (Bush Delivers Remarks at the Unity, Journalists of Color Conference, 8/6/04)

Dick today:

"Senator Kerry has also said that if he were in charge he would fight a 'more sensitive' war on terror. America has been in too many wars for any of our wishes, but not a one of them was won by being sensitive." (Cheney in Dayton OH today)

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What a flip-flopper. :rolleyes:

19. bigtexxx

Only one person mentioned a "sensitive" war on terror. The other quotes are stretches at best.

By the way - cute use of the Vice President's first name. You're a clever one!

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Gosh, it must hurt conservatives when their God is outed as one who:

[​IMG]

Get used to the disappointment, it'll make November a little easier to take.