1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

790am I guarantee Roger will be in NY...?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Blatz, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Who is this guy on the radio. I turned on my radio and I hear him say I guarantee Roger will be pitching in the Bronx in October. This is as bad as the Yao to the Lakers, Warriors...

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Find out who he is, and ask if he'll take bets. I'll put it all down against him..

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yes! The Astros get to play the Yankees in the World Series!

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He is John Tourmour, aka JT the Brick, who is filling in for vacationing Charlie Pallilo today.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:D Exactly!!

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I have tickets to Fridays game. He better be in washington.

7. xnareshx

xnareshx Member

I think I should reserve my World Series tix now at the MM box office.

8. Vik

Vik Contributing Member

I don't have my tickets yet, but I'll be there too. Go 'stros!

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

We should go watch some of the bigger games then. Me, you, Vik, whoever. I was sitting at Champs watching some of the Cards games alone! ;)

10. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

JT has a great late night show, is he on in Houston now? He's a die hard Yankee fan, so I would assume he's just hoping like hell that we'll trade him.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I heard the guy as well today . the dude was saying that Biggio was not playing well this year , and that he needs to retire ! That right there showed me hes smoking something . Hes "The Brick" , maybe hes been smoking something that comes in brick form . :D

12. deepellumrocket

JT is a complete blow-hard who is also an unabashed Yankees fan. Don't take anything he says seriously. He was also saying today that the Astros should trade for Mike Sweeney and then if Bagwell comes back next year, ship him (Bagwell) out. I can't believe 790 put him on the air today because he obviously doesn't give a flip about Houston sports and seemed to me like he was even trying to piss off Houston fans with some of his comments. (Wait, I guess that could describe Pallilo as well.)

13. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

No, worse. There is absolutely no way Roger is going to leave the Astros. He will retire a Houston Astro.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yesterday, I was sitting in the car and Dalati was on and a guy called in to complain about what this TJ guy had said. Poor Dalati, you could tell he wanted to rip that opinion to shreds, but he had to say things about people are entitled to their opinion. I'm sure he wanted to say "that m'fer is Yankees homer." The thing started out as rant against people saying that Drayton doesn't spend any money. Delati said Drayton does a lot of things wrong blah blah, I'd argue he spends money the wrong way etc, but don't tell me he doesn't spend any money.

15. plee

plee Member

I don't understand why they didn't us local guys to fill in, instead they used national guys with an emphesis on "houston" sports. :confused: