1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

7 things I'd love for X-mas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stevel, Dec 5, 2003.

1. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

1. To actually score more than 10 % of the time on a 3 on 1 fast break. Seriously, has anyone ever seen a worse fast breaking team than ours?

2. For our guards to quit fighting our big men for rebounds. This could go a long way towards helping point one. It is my understanding that for fast break purposes it is better to have the guards release and get down the floor then trying to pry the ball away from our own big guys.

3. I really want to see more "stopping and popping". I get REALLY frustrated watching our guards drive straight into the teeth of the D instead of pulling up in that wide open 15-18 foot range for a nice easy jumper.

4. I'd really like a 4 that has enough of an offensive game to prevent his guy from sliding over and doubling Yao with no negative consequences - ie please either teach Cato to hit open shots or find away to replace him with someone that can. BTW, I would like to give Cato props for showing much improved effort this season.

5. I want Yao to quit getting his Freakin' shots blocked. I'd love to see a "sky hook" ala Kareem from Yao. I gotta think that would be tougher to block that the fadaway he seems to prefer.

6. A PG that can find an open man AND get him the ball. I don't care who it is or how we get them.

7. For JVG to make Moochie drop and give him 20 push-ups everytime he dribbles the ball more then 5 consecutive times while standing in the same spot. Seriously, how awesome would it be for JVG to call time and have Mooch drop and give him 20 like Wesley Snipes character had to do in Major League for hitting a pop fly. I'd freakin buy season tickets on the floor if this policy was enacted.

I'd love to see you guys wish list.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am basically ready for another team.

3. sweetie

sweetie Member

Stevel are you Calvin?

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I agree with all of stevel's wish list except use of the term "x-mas." It is highly offensive (at least to me:) ) to corrupt "Christmas."

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would trade straight up for the Denver Nuggets right now! Why do other Lotto teams improve so quickly and the Rockets just stay the same?

6. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

I don't know, but there are a few perenial crappy teams out there, and if it any conselation we would have made the playoffs in the Eastern conference 2 of the last 3 years (at least according to our guys):D

7. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

I wanna see some freaking awesome alleyoops we saw every game last year with Francis/Posey, Francis/Mobley, and Francis/Cato. I have BARELY seen any of those this year