1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

62 wins with 6 games to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cstyle42, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Thunder... in 2012 having Durant, Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka were 47-19 to close that short season.

Dantoni's best Pheonix Suns team finished 62-20.

We will be better than both these teams granted neither of these teams won the championship.

Side note: Spurs went 67-15 the year GS won 73 games and the Spurs lost in the 2nd round to OKC that year. Rockets had injuries and still have a shot to win 68 games... it's unbelievable and interesting at the same time because they look like a team built to be successful in the playoffs based off how versatile and mentally tough they are in regards to finding ways to win.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think we'd make it to 68. We play 4 straight games against playoff competition, and probably we'll be going at half-speed. We could easily drop 4 or 5 of these upcoming games, depending on how we approach it. On one hand, I don't want the team to over-exert themselves in these final games. But they still need to stay sharp and not let bad habits seep in.

RyanB, justtxyank, da_juice and 3 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets are going to drop a game or two, especially with all being meaningless games and resting. These other teams are playing to extend their season while hou is more focused on going in to the postseason in good health for the entire team

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We're in fantastic position right now. We can win more, rest players and spoil other teams' chances to move up in the standings.

Williamson, jayfree, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Injuries are factoring into our bad play, but bad habits are definitely discernible. We wouldn't be struggling otherwise. Coach MDA needs to get them ready as best as possible.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It is going to be a 64-65 win season.

I am hoping that we are able to help OKC meet GSW.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Sucks we can’t get to

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Let us also not forget the '07 Mavs who were 67-15 and lost in the first round.

The Cluchfans who are already planning the championship parade need to buckle in for a bumpy ride.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh - wow. Harden found an alien and is teaching it to mimic humans? Not sure how this hasn't been reported on more.

OTMax likes this.
  10. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

This is easily a 70-win team if healthy. Don't forget those 4 screwjob games vs Memphis and LAC, winnable games vs NOLA and Toronto, and the injuries during the 5 game losing streak.

But yes, all this goes out the window April 14th. Then we need to focus on 16 wins.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Great reminder here. This team has great potential to dominate the playoffs but anything can happen. I called GS beating Dallas that year too.

12. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

We definitely can offer some help, it's our last game against a playoff team before the playoffs, so I believe we'll go full strength as a sort of playoff rehearsal.

But the most help must come from the Pels. They already have a tie-breaker over Thunder, and if they win the matchup tomorrow, it almost certainly sends OKC to meet GSW.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Only remaining game I really care about is the spurs. I want to sweep them. Since I been a rockets fans(98) I never seen us sweep the spurs

RyanB likes this.
  14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think a lot of people(including myself) called that. Was it even really that big of an upset? Keep in mind that Dallas had to come storming back at home in Game 5 to even force a Game 6 where they got blown out. Golden State was a horrible matchup for the Mavs in the regular season and Nellie knew all their weaknesses.

The Rockets can't take anyone lightly heading into the postseason. But I do take comfort in the fact that no team appears to be a matchup nightmare for them. Even the Warriors.

15. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

We swept the Spurs in 2013-2014 season.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Media Conspiracy

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Facts. There is just not one team that has our number. This year we are the only 60 plus win team right now that says a lot in itself.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Just rest everybody...
    U can trot out JJ and GG and the end of the bench and prob get a win or two... Home court throughout is pretty much locked... Actual win total beyond that is meaningless... Just rest guys for the post season and play them in some spurts leading to the post season to ensure there's no rust and they dont lose rhythm...

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That's a mean thing to do. But as far as seeding / home court advantage Rockets are top from here on in the entire league.

20. NK08

NK08 Member

Toronto can still steal HCA in the finals from us. They have to win out and we have to lose out, but it's still technically possible.

hakeem94 likes this.