1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610am: Texan's Walker might be out for the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Oct 29, 2003.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

This is what 610 reported this morning. 610am got this information from ABC13 last night.

According to them, Walker aggrevated the turf toe injury by not walking around with a boot on.

This is all our defense needs right now.:(

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's unfortunate for to be sure, I think this is a contract year for him. So this either drives up his price, given that our defense is going to be really, really soft up front now. Or it will drive down his price for next year since he'll be a year older and coming off of an injury. I like Walker a lot, I just hope next year we get our two D-linemen back and add a stud in the draft or in free agency. It's pathetic watching how inept we are at getting to the QB. Somehow, I think we got stuck with four inside LBs playing in our 3-4. We need to get that monster speed rusher to come off the end before we play a "real" 3-4. Capers talked about how he always thought the Freak would be an ideal 3-4 OLB. God, that would be great, he could just rush the QB all day without having to line-up over a tackle-TE combo with his hand on the ground. This is the area of the team that needs the most improvement next year, the D-Line and the LB-corp. I think our secondary is ok, but they can't cover forever, which is what they're asked to do this year. So the question remains: draft an impact defensive player or sign one as a FA?!? I hope Casserly is right about this one whatever he and Capers decide.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why can't it be both? Don't we have cap room next year?

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Dar...rell....Russell........clap,clap,........clap,clap,clap.