1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6 rockets in double digits last night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Jan 4, 2018.

1. basketballholic

Not much. Except the Indy game was a turnover OUTLIER for Harden. He's averaging, oh, around 5.5 turnovers a game without Paul.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah Harden is elite in scoring while Paul is elite at keeping turnovers down

Remlap likes this.
  3. basketballholic

Those are both true. Paul is also elite defensively and he makes the other defenders better by quarterbacking the defense and helping the other four make great defensive decisions, and Harden is a great secondary playmaker.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

don't think cp3 can keep up assisting 13 asts per game.. he'll go back down to 11 with harden 9.. basically co-playmakers with one dominating the ball anytime..

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

his stats are down for sure, he had a pretty terrible start. I think I heard them say he shot 42% 3s over the last month. I mean that's a green light, a neon green light. Stats are stats, I don't think it's even a question he's either the best or close to the best shooter on the squad.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

yup he's an idiot for thinking gordon needs to shoot any less

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You see it differently, so we won't agree. Stats are stats, and everyone looks at them differently obviously. Same goes with streaky shooters, who look great, then terrible, but average out to be nothing great. Maybe what I don't see is that he is the best, because I see him passing up open men to take forced shots a lot. I see him with blinders on at times, focusing on doing it all himself, no matter how difficult the shot may be. Maybe in a contest he is the best at any particular shot, but maybe the man with the best shot isn't always him. That is my point.

#27 deb4rockets, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's your opinion, but no need to call me an idiot just because FG and 3PT% stats don't mean anything in your eyes. I wasn't talking about who was on a hot or cold streak. I was simply talking about overall consistency, and not if he could beat out a man in a contest from the same spot. Sometimes, it is the open man that has a better look or chance to get those points than Eric, was my point.

#29 deb4rockets, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  10. vlaurelio

you know what ego averaged last year right??

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This conversation has gotten way off my point of thinking that at times there are better options, especially when someone else is on fire and he isn't. I am simply talking about what I perceive when I watch the games this year. To me, it is frustrating when I see guys open with better shots, and Gordon doesn't even see them. My point, was that I didn't agree with the consistent high shot choices with other options on the court. He didn't get the ball to Clint as much as I would have preferred this year, but that is just my opinion, and I can understand if you feel differently. Regardless, if you disagree I respect that, but there is no need for you calling me an idiot for my opinion.

12. vlaurelio

so who exactly has been on fire lately and deserves to get the 3's that ego take?

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

the ball was moved around the same as normal..............you mean, see how much different it is when players make shots

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. photojoe

photojoe Member

Sometimes I wonder why I even read Clutchfans at all

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Who is the substantially better shooter EG is not deferring to?

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Only 4 tonite

Rocket River

17. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Wow, I never realized that he was missing his ring finger on his dominant hand! Makes his shooting all the more impressive...I don' think I could control the ball without all my fingers.

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Hot take, if Gerald Green had 10 fingers, he'd be at TMAC's level.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

We had nearly 3 guys getting 30 and still lost. That tells you not enough guys are stepping up on offense and you’re not defending well enough.

Little Bit likes this.
  20. edwardc

edwardc Member

That is so wrong .