1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

43 years of tradition...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by candlegreen, Apr 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Searched everywhere. Are there seriously no video copy of this anywhere?

2. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

...from moses to sandy koufax. You're g.d. right I'm living in the past!

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

You mean this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMzBjVIVylI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMzBjVIVylI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

im sure he wanted the newest version, without any mention of Tmac, although he is in the highlights with 22 game winning streak

:grin:

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

there's one that has 2 years added to it? I didn't see the intro when I went to the Bobcats game? Maybe I was in the restroom and missed out.

6. Dave2000

its essentially the same video, but just updated towards the end of course with our current players, they took out the part with McGrady saying that he "wanted to bring a championship to Houston", then when he was sent home last Dec. he was cut entirely after we drafted Yao part, but still showed highlights of Tmac during the streak

that video above was the 2nd year they used it, it first premiered when it was "40 years of tradition" the year before, JVG's final year with us. I was surprised when Steve came back for the second go around, i thought they would add him between Barkley and Yao, but still wasn't there other than the highlights

7. elindio23

elindio23 Member

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah I couldn't find the "43 yrs of tradition", but this Artest moment was probably added to it...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ulqFFtnHpog&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ulqFFtnHpog&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    (Man i miss the playoffs)

--RB

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Does not have that Artest scene, if I recall correctly.

I went to the Hornets game on Wednesday, but do forgive me if some of these are incorrect.

The above posters are right, they did cut out a lot of the McGrady stuff, including his press conference, and his Shawn Bradley dunk. He's still shown in the 22-win streak highlights. Barkley was also cut out as well.

The end is more filled with our current players, such as Brooks, Lowry, Budinger and Ariza. In fact, at the very end, it shows Ariza slamming it down instead of McGrady, then Yao shooting a fadeaway( Might've been a hookshot).

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Thank God they dont have a special section for Francis. Those are years I am still trying to forget.

11. Dave2000

Barkley is still there, just for like 2 secs getting a rebound and elbowing the air just like the vid above

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

You sure man? Originally, after the two championship highlights, they'd show Barkley's name and him getting a rebound in the striped pajamas. In the video I saw against the Hornets, it skipped directly to the Rockets drafting Yao. No mention of Barkley.

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

The could have changed it. In the two games I went to this year, I remember Barkley being in the video. Was it the last game of the season that you went to?

14. rocketsmetalspd

That was awesome. I am glad to be old enough to have seen most of those plays shown on the video. :grin: 44.

15. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Yes it was. I remember the same thing. The game I went to before the last game of the season was the 2nd home game vs. Portland, and they had Barkley in it. I think they made some edits and cut out Barkley.

16. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

No, Barkley was there on the season finale video, which led to me starting this thread. There were some nice moments in there, and I was hoping to rewatch that video.

Thanks for all the replies!

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i can see ignoring most of the pajamas era (no Cat?), but how can you leave out Horry? and i would have liked to have seen Boki's block on Karla, perhaps the signature moment of the pre T-Mac teams.