1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd Stimulus.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Received it today. Question: We dropped a college student from our taxes (haven’t filed my taxes yet) so she could get retroactive stimulus payments after she filed her taxes (it was like $3800, in addition to a tax return). However, since I haven’t filed yet, I received an extra $1400 from the Biden based on my last tax return.
    What will happen? Nothing? They will want that back?

saitou and Xerobull like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Based on 2019 taxes IIRC

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

As far as I know you will not be forced to pay back the stimulus (hence why I waited to file this year's taxes that no longer make me eligible based on 2020 income).

So this is what it feels like exploiting legal loopholes. This is what it feels like to be rich.

4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Wish I'd done that, but oh well.

RedRedemption likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

how do you intend to spend it? if buying stock, which stock?

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does anyone know what you do if you already filed before changes were made. I paid taxes on unemployment for 5 months, but the new bill states 10,000 will be tax free. I have been unable to get anyone at the IRS on the phone.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Call Lina

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

First, make sure you are under the threshold of $75k (single) or $150k (couple). If you fall under that threshold, you should qualify for no taxes on those first $10,500, so you can probable amend your return. Supposedly the IRS was going to allow that to be done electronically this year (I think that's what I heard on NPR).

deb4rockets likes this.