1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

30 for 30

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rox11, Feb 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The Marinovich Project, 30 for 30 film. Came out not to long ago and they haven't replayed it since. Was wondering if anyone knows where i can find it.
    Thanks and/or sorry if were not supposed to post links....

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Pugs posted a link to the 30 for 30 box set Amazon had for sale for around $59.99 late last year. It had all 30 films and some extras too, love it. If you use torrents I'm sure you can find it out there easily.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Youtube seems to have some.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3hOst_NExGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other than that. Go to your normal spots....or purchase from amazon / itunes.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I looked every where and no one has posted it anywhere. I'm a bit hesitant with torrents, don't want to risk any viruses.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I saw it when it first came out and it was really really good...Didn't know all the story and man, what a story

6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

You can buy it in HD for $5 on iTunes.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

anyone watch the new one 9.79*? I'm only 30 minutes in and I'm enjoying it a lot more than Broke which was awful.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oops didn't realize this was in the football forum; didn't want to create a new 30 for 30 thread in the Hangout.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really good.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They have the first season on Netflix. Caught up on some, rewatched a few. I caught bits and pieces of 9.79.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I personally think 9.79* is up there with some of the best in the series.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I really enjoyed it, especially the athlete commentary synced with the video. I thought the premise was pretty bad for "Broke", we've heard that story a million times.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

All those guys were cheating. Ben Johnson won, but he got caught at the time.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I can't wait for Benji.

15. conquistador#11

watching 30 f0r 30 just pisses me off. it just proves that espn, if they wanted to, could give us quality sports journalism and entertainment instead of Tebow's undefeated superbowl bound Jets or the Red sox's legendary 2012 season.

honestly, I can't say which episode I like the most. they've all been great. Ice cube directing his vision of the raiders was pretty interesting.

ok, nm, i do have favorites.."two escobars" and "once brothers". I need to catch up on the new ones.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

"Broke" was interesting but you're right, we all know the story and there wasn't a whole lot of depth to it.

Not to mention that whoever produced that one got way too cute with the camera shots, and one of the guys they interviewed looked like it was shot on a cell phone camera.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I watched 9.79 and then broke back to back. Broke was essentially the same few stories repeated over and over. Spent too much on jewelry, child support, got scammed by family friends, etc.

Really it could have been boiled down into a 5 slide powerpoint instead of an hour-plus movie.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like the premise of Broke; it's just the execution was poor. You're right, same story we've heard over and over, but we've heard this Olympic Lewis/Johnson doping story too yet this documentary gave a lot of insight that wasn't generally known.

Broke would have been tremendously better if we got some candid interviews with people that actually went broke and how/why it happened to them instead of mostly 3rd party accounts of financial ineptitude.

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

Thought it was interesting when Andre Jackson said "maybe I did, maybe I didn't" with regards to whether he spiked Ben Johnson's beer. The whole deal with him being in the testing room and the coach saying they snuck him in there was odd.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Anyone else watch Benji?

Thought it was pretty good.