1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 games in, what changes would you make to the rotation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know if i would start Clark or not over Ennis, but give the guy some minutes, he got 3 fouls and never saw the floor again, i don't like that...reminded me of when McFail took out D.Mo everytime he made two quick fouls or made a couple of mistakes just to glue him to the bench for the rest of the game, let a young player make some mistakes and learn, unless they literally ruin the game let them play.

;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

If Melo isn’t producing after 15 games, he needs to be cut. So far he’s been awful...

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Green Stretches the floor at all times I would Start him and as the Rotation unfolds it looks like this

Green
    Capela
    Tucker
    Cp3
    Harden

Bench (sub) second Unit
    EG subs for Cp3
    Melo subs for Tucker
    Ennis subs for Green
    Hartenstein subs forCapela
    Harden Stays

4. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I would try starting Gordon. I'm not one of those that believe we suck Bc we lost ariza and luc, but ennis's shot doesn't scare defenses. Last year defense had at least to respect ariza's three point shot.

Start Gordon to space the floor. Bring melo in as the 6th man and give him a few more games to see if he can contribute. I'm not necessarily for or against melo, but let's give him a bigger sample size.

Then play green, Ennis, Clark, Hartenstein, and knight (whenever he comes back) to see who can contribute and fill in the voids.

But my own personal opinion is get a defensive assistant coach...like immediately.

jcf likes this.
  5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

For a small stretch than Bring Back

Cp3
    EG
    Ennis
    Green for Melo
    Capela

To end the Games we need (depending on the matchups)
    Cp3
    Melo or EG
    Harden
    Tucker
    Capela or Green

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

those guys setting the world on fire offensively, are they?

7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Great take especially that part about Harden. If he would late other people touch it a little bit that would help the teams rhythm

8. broteinshake

broteinshake Member

Start Harden, CP3, Melo, Tuck, and Capela

bj3175 likes this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is really are best Line up to counter the Hampton 5. This lineup should be dubbed J
    H towns 5. The only hesitation I have is how would the substitutions work after this

10. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Cut Melo.

11. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Run more plays for Melo. Yes he looks like **** right now, but I feel like for him it might be mentally. He needs to be involved in the offensive game plan or else he will be non-existent for the rest of the game. Green needs to be the first man off the bench, not Melo. Play MCW less, give Gary Clark more chances. I feel with more minutes through out the season, Hartenstein will be a serviceable big. He just needs to be given the chance. Brandon Knight is the X factor. If he is still a good player, we can move Egod to the starting line-up and have Brandon Knight be our 6th man.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gary Clark...

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is baffling to have signed Melo, and then to never use him. Throw him in some low-post isolations, or cut him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

I would start Michael Carter-Williams

[​IMG]

15. Moleb

Moleb Member

I don't, he was horrible in pick and rolls. But... I'll admit I'm also pretty disappointed in Tucker pick and pop/roll game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We need to go to Jeff Bzdelik and beg him to come back. Either that or Houston needs to poach a good defensive coach. This defense as is won't cut it. If we're looking at the Kevin McHale warning signs here, MDA has 8 more games as coach as it stands.

I mean, but if Roy Rogers becomes HC I'm sure @topfive could score even better tickets to upcoming games. So maybe that's a good thing?

hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The natural reply to this is by starting a scrub

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont move goalposts now... and some of these guys are better offensive players than ariza and prince

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

McHale's last season, we got blown out by 30-20-20 to open the year. Started off 4-7 and the losses were demoralizing because it looked like none of the players gave a ****. This year's team looks confused and out-of-sync, and the new guys are obviously still trying to adjust, but the effort is definitely there. The defense looks bad at times, but I'm not ready to panic just yet.

MDA's job is about as safe as it could possibly be. We'd have to hit the midway point of the year well below .500 for Tilman to yank him because he knows bringing in a new coach would be a crapshoot.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

great sample size

topfive likes this.