1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 Current Rockets on "Top 25 Worst Players List"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dean, Aug 30, 2004.

1. pople

pople Member

Where are Mark Madson? Bryce Drew? Is Tito Maddox still in the league?

2. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

This guy is on point with many on the list, but Kareem Rush, Morris Petersen, Juwan Howard and Vladimir Radmanovic?! Those guys are good players.

Stuart

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I e-mailed him asking about his reasoning. Here's his response:

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Of course Howard quit hustling for the Magic. Look at the moron who runs the team.

5. Center

Center Contributing Member

I expected to see Mark Jackson and Charlie Ward on that list.

6. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

How professional. :rolleyes:

7. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

The list seems to reflect players who had bad years or just played bad last season, it didnt matter the reason of bad play but if they played bad stat wise then the name will likely be on the list. It's just entertainment.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I just wish I could have cracked that list...

9. daRox

daRox Member

What a moron. Why couldn't he have the list of " worst 24 players" instead? That's very professional journalism :rolleyes:

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

But Juwan Howard had good stats last year - the same stats he has every year.

11. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Actually this list is pretty good. I still don't understand why people want to pretend it is a mystery that wherever Juwan Howard goes lots of losses follow. Thankfully, like Dallas, you guys might be able to hold off the Ls until you can dump him on another chump team. However, Juwan Howard was just horrible last year. Sometimes stats lie.

You think it pissed you off when SF and Cat shot before Yao touched the ball, wait until you see Juwanna Man.

12. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Any list that doesn't include Moochie or Darko is not a good list.

Radmonovic and Kareem Rush? What a joker. I guess that's why I never thought about looking about about.com for basketball information.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

But here's my question; how's he going to include Howard and Tyronn Lue, who actually get playing time, and not include guys like, say, Dahntay Jones and Troy Bell, who don't?

14. sm0d

sm0d Contributing Member

I always thought that kareem rush was pretty good seeing his minimal amount of playing time, but then again i never really watched too many lakers games.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

As usual you guys missed the point of this article - it's a joke intended to be funny! I'd still be laughing out loud over his (dead center perfect) description of Mutombo except that I have a tiny voice in the back of my head whispering that our new backup center will be Evan Erschmeyer. Dallas now has about 200 backup centers (but only 2 can play) and they desperately need to cull the herd. Evan can be had for pocket lint which means CD will trip over himself going after him and then the Rockets PR machine will start telling us what a steal they just made.

BTW, this was the same voice that told me that they were going to end up with Charlie Ward and BINGO!: Houston, meet your new/old starting point guard!

16. kingxdingaling

I personally think that Kareem Rush is going to be a decent player in the future. Didn't you guys see what he did to Houston and all through the Playoffs? Wasn't this his ROOKIE year coming out of HS? WTF is this guy talking about!? He showed that even though he is young he isn't afraid of taking big shots.

17. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Kareem Rush played 3 years of college ball for Missouri. I agree, though, Kareem is a very nice role player currently. Could develop into a star IMO. Though, I wouldn't bet on it.

18. kturner77

kturner77 Member

Lists like these are a constant reminder that there are many people covering the NBA that have either never played sports, dont have a clue, or have skewed opinions. Either way, articles like these are merely afterthoughts. I am sure that whomever wrote this article would be embarassed in a game of one with any of the players listed, so who is the stiff?

19. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

just b#@@ s***

20. Blue

Blue Member

hmmm...Slava's better than K. Rush? Gary Payton had a sucky season (come on...he was outplayed by Darrick Martin in the playoffs...I'm just saying)...Christian Laettner didn't make the list? Darko couldn't crack this line up either? Juwan and Googs (who, at least, have made some significant impact in the league) graced the list, but Shawn Bradley {who couldn't throw the ball in the ocean if he standing on the (Erick) damn pier} nor Jake Tsakdhgjljgdquikdis {who (interestingly enough) can spell his last name but can't spell run...or jump...or pass...or play...or catch...or NBA...or probably even Jake} couldn't crash land on this list. Maybe we should make a "25 worst columnists" list. I would say this dummy would be on it, but you have to at least watch more of the NBA than Inside Stuff in order to qualify.