1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Dem Debate - Jul 30-31, 2019

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RayRay10, Jul 21, 2019.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I started liking Delany less as the debate went on and he does suffer from lacking a lot of charisma. I think he brought up a few good points but his biggest problem is that too many of the other candidates are very similar in both position and appearance and where he differs it's not good for him.

Bullock I think did well and he does bring up good points as the governor of a state that went overwhelmingly for Trump. Unfortunately again Ryan and Klobuchar made very similar points and I think Klobuchar will end up being the "moderate" alternative to Biden by the next debate. Although I think Bullock could be a dark horse.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I thought Beto rallied and did much better than I would have thought. The guy still basically looks like he needs to take a month off of campaigning and go skateboarding or something and think of what to do now that his political career is over for perhaps ever.

4. jsingles

jsingles Member

Holy ****, Williamson is ****ing crazy.....she somehow polled at 2+%???

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hey that's the love of my internet life you are talking about!

Os Trigonum and B-Bob like this.
  6. justtxyank

He won't even be eligible as a write in candidate lol.

Nook likes this.
  7. justtxyank

Chris Matthews is killing Elizabeth Warren right now on MSNBC. She refused to answer him about 10 times in a row about whether she would raise taxes on the average American.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I would vote for her

9. Nook

Nook Member

Yikes, those are Trump percentage levels... want to avoid that.

Having said that, not shocking. The only way an incompetent and immoral scumbag like Trump could win re-election is if the democrats coalesced behind a radically inclined platform and that is what has happened.

ryan_98 and The Real Shady like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Matthews is like a shark with blood. Warren is very bright but she should learn to lie, it works well for those that win the Presidency.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This would be a problem but Trump/GOP policies aren't polling too well either.

The wall has never been popular.
    His tax cuts neither.
    A lot of the country don't think it's going in the right direction
    A good portion think he's racist/divisive

While I agree that a lot of these (Progressive) policies go too far too fast for where America is at right now on the political spectrum, I think it's going to come down to whoever can convince the swing state voters to vote for them, as it does every time, barring something crazy happening like Texas going blue.

12. TheresTheDagger

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Corrupt corporate media against uncorrupt non corporate candidates.

This is new, and I'm shocked.

ryan_98 likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's nothing but a typically stupid sound byte question right out of some Fox News boilerplate. Anyone with any critical thinking skills knows it's not the tax rate, it's the out of pocket health care costs as it relates to the tax rate.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Pocahontas lie very well.

cml750 likes this.
  16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Democrats are absurd: let's allow in hundreds of thousands of political refugees and reward the countries they come from with free-trade deals, economic aid (money), and offshored American jobs. Who buys into this bullshit, honestly?

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Speaking of bullshit, do you work on a farm? Because that's a hell of a strawman.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

National healthcare as a right is wildly popular. Democrats can easily avoid stepping on the rake that is outlawing private health providers (which the vast majority of candidates oppose).

The other two issues are very new to the American zeitgeist and the Democrats have not put any thought or effort into marketing them.

"Do you support decriminalizing illegal border crossings" and "Do you support giving healthcare to undocumented immigrants" are trap questions that prey on people's ignorance and reflexive bias.

The truth is decriminalizing border crossings and providing (non-emergency) healthcare for the undocumented would be a win in both from an economic and humanitarian standpoint, but Democrats are incapable of moving one agenda item forward at a time, so for now they should basically ignore these questions altogether.

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

The nation is torn between watching the second Democratic debate......and watching a blender. :D

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So I presume that either Sanders or Warren will be dropping out at some point when it gets down to the last few? If one drops out and their progressive votes go to the other that would put them where Biden is.