1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2k12 Retro Teams

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TesseracT, Jun 12, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

posted on the 2kboards by a dev

2001 Lakers
    2001 '76ers
    2002 Kings
    2000 Hornets
    2000 Raptors
    2004 Pistons
    2003 Spurs
    2000 Trailblazers
    2004 Timberwolves
    2004 Pacers
    2006 Suns
    2002 Nets
    2002 Bucks
    96 Magic
    96 Pistons
    1995 Rockets
    1999 Knicks
    1965 Celtics
    1970 Knicks
    1971 Lakers

:cool:

2. AXG

AXG Member

Nice!!! Although some of these teams seem random. '96 Pistons? '00 Hornets?

3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

No more Jordan?

4. Awesome

Awesome Member

5. YaosDirtyStache

So now everyone can fulfill their dream of playing as Eldridge Recasner! I know I cant wait!

1 person likes this.
  6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I was saying for a while that they should focus on retro teams for 2k12. Glad they got our Rockets, but I was hoping it was the main focus for 2k12 and they'd go even further and deeper.

7. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Wow if that's true, I'm definitely getting my hands on that game !! I rather have the 1994 Rockets but I'll take it. Do you think they will have the full roster or the one after the deadline or starting the playoffs ?

That would make a huge difference because if not from the beginning there's no Thorpe and Scottie Brooks. If from beginning of the playoffs I'm glad Herrera wasn't hurt so he should be there but I doubt they will put Maxwell in there. Just have to wait and see I guess :)

A guy on another forum is saying the 2k11 retro teams are in there as well so my guess is then you can play 95 Rockets vs. 93 Suns and do your own 7 game series :cool: That's why I wish Thorpe & Maxwell are there so you an at least replay the 94 series. Especially choke to clutch city!!

I'm really excited about this. Also 00 raptors with Dell Curry and Bogues is great since the 93-95 Hornets will probably not make it.

P.S. The 94 Nuggets would make this game crazier than ever. Can you imagine playing with that shot blocking team of Bison Dele, Mutombo, Rodney Rogers and LaPhonz ??? Shooters like Reggie Williams and Abdul-Rauf, throwing crazy dunks with the little Pack-man :)

Abdul-Rauf is really a guy I want to play with in a game and he could be stone cold or throw in 6-7 in a row easily. That form of his was beautiful to watch.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope you can play with these teams online, ranked would be best.
    Seriously, who played mutliple games with the clasic teams in 2k11? Who went through the Jordan mode without feeling it's just cheesing your way to the necessary stats?

For sure it's nice to have classics, but we need to be able to play with them online.

9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Just take a look on those teams and players:

Bill Russell, John Havlicek, KC Jones, Sam Jones, Tommy Heinsohn, Tom Sanders - Celts 65

Willis Reed, Dave Debuschere, Bill Bradley, Dick Barnett and Walt Frazier - Knicks 70

Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Elgin Bailor, Gail Goodrich and Happy Hairston - Lakers 71

Hakeem, Clyde, Horry, Elie, Cassell, Kenny Smith, Maxwell as my favourite team ever

Grant Hill (healthy!), Allan Houston, Otis Thorpe, Joe Dumars as 96 Pistons

Shaq, Penny, Dennis Scott, Horace Grant and mister free throw Nick Anderson - Magic 96

Rasheed, Scottie, Sabonis, Mighty Mouse, Steve Smith, Bonzi, Shrempf - Trail Blazers 00

Carter, T-Mac, Doug Christie, Antonio Davis, Charles Oakley - Raptors 00

Allen Iverson, Answer, AI, I-version, Mister Ball Hog and Deke - Sixers 01

Shaq, Kobe, Horry, Fisher, Harper, Fox - Lakers 01

C-Webb, Divac, Peja, Bibby, Doug Christie, Turkoglu and Bobby Jackson - Kings 02

Ray Allen, Sam Cassell, Glenn Robinson, Anthony Mason, Tim Thomas, Michael Redd) - Bucks-02

Kidd, healthy Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, Keith Van Horn, Kerry Kittles and Deke - Nets'02

Duncan, Robinson, Parker, Ginobili, Stephen Jackson, Bruce Bowen, Steve Kerr - Spurs 03

Garnett, Cassell, Sprewell, Wally, Hudson, Olowokandi - T-Wolves 04

Artest, Jermaine, Reggie Miller, Al Harrington, Tinsley and Bender - Pacers in 04

Milicic, Big Ben, Rasheed, Prince, Rip, Billups, Okur, Williamson, Mike James - Pistons 04

Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw, Tim Thomas, Raja Bell, Barbosa, Eddie House and three games from Amar'e - Suns in 06

This is just too good to be true

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It could get so much deeper if there were more legacy teams. Like the twin towers, or run tmc.

11. bongo33

bongo33 Member

These teams are GREAT, but is there really going to be no more MJ and the teams in 2k11? (Bird, Magic, etc.)

12. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Did they really have Allan Houston? I don't remember that.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm excited about the rockets being there but...

no showtime lakers? jordan bulls? bird celtics? thomas pistons? run TMC? mournings heat?

but they have the raptors, bucks, wolves?

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

He was selected by Pistons. He developed under Collins to a big-time player because of Grant Hill's ability to find him in the right place and he ran away to Knicks when his rookie contract expired. It was really tough for Grant

15. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

When Magic front office was trying to build a contending team around Hill, they signed McGrady because they were hoping that he would develop just like Allan Houston in Detroit. But Grant injury forced him to miss the season and T-Mac started to develop into the next level by himself

16. what

what Member

I'd rather have had 85-86 rockets. Sampson and Hakeem with Sweet Lou!

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

The classic teams from NBA 2k11 will be in there as well. This is not the full list. I figured more guys would be happy with this news. This means the Summit and everything, maybe even Turbo in the opening sequence!! It's also obvious it's not part of a MJ challenge since nothing significant between the Bulls and Rockets happened especially 1995. Except that we went 5-1 in their first three peat :)

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

This looks ****ing awesome! But where's the '73 76ers? I'd love to play as them

19. Coherent

Coherent Member

I think they should go deeper too. Add some ABA teams like the 69 Pacers, 74 Colonels, and the 75 Nets. I had a hunch they would go with historic teams.

20. Coherent

Coherent Member

The 70's Bucks and Bullets teams too please.