1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2023.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

wouldn’t hate it

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stay strong, my friend. I thought I was a “social smoker” in high school, until the day in Bahrain, May 2003, I realized that I had been a smoker for nearly 10 years at that point. Before then, I made the annual feeble NYE resolution to quit and would fail miserably after a few weeks, similar to most of my friends. That day in Bahrain, I’m not sure if it was the realization that I was actually a smoker or the fact that we had just declared war on Iraq and I was having mortal thoughts, but I gave the half pack I had left to the first shipmate I saw and never looked back. One of the hardest things I ever did, but the payoff is truly special.

Hang in there, you got this, we are all capable of harnessing the mental toughness required to reach our goals.

Pro tip: You live in a state that offers much healthier things to smoke that are far less addicting. It works. File that away as an FYI, in case the urge to smoke is too much to bear.

Now, let’s ****ing go, Texans!

6. Rockets34Legend

7. Bob Barker 007

Moving up from 42 to 34 would cost an early 4th round pick in equivalent value, which isn’t bad if we have someone in mind. Knowing Caserio, he’d probably overpay and give up a 3rd or two 4ths. I’m normally not someone who likes trading up, but the window is open if we think we can get a key piece.

rfrocket likes this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

9. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

We will get at least one from this list

10. Buck Turgidson

Thanks!

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Jones fracture on a 300+ pounder is still worrisome.
    Koolaid isn’t as bad but there’s a lot of planting and change of direction at corner.
    Definitely not as bad as Lisfranc though

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If a 4th is all it took to get up the top of the 2nd I would probably do that personally.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

IDK about Fiske. Dude is like 25yr. Should have dominated more considering his age.

Sooty and ric_flair like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Don't apologize. If the Texans can turn **** around in a couple of years you can certainly kick a habit in a couple of weeks, right?

As to the bolded part, triggers (and I had several) are a ****ing b!!ch. Toothpicks, occasionally gum, and a lot of water with "sonic ice" that I can chew on really helped.

eta, just remembered (never tried them) that there's a brand of sturdy toothpicks out there that are minimally nicotine infused, so that might help in the early goings

Kemahkeith likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Ignore the Astros part and focus on the I.D.I.O.T. team owners!!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I found the best, easiest way to quit smoking is to get your hands on some morphine. Routine injections for 4 or 5 days should be enough to get you beyond the withdrawal period while never even thinking about smoking for even a second..... turns out with enough morphine, nothing really matters.

After that, the physical addiction should be broken and cigarettes will go back to tasting like ass... similar to how they did when you smoked your first cigarette. That should make it easier to just not start back up.

Of course you'll need to be in a clinical setting to do this, as it's the only way to do it safe. Perhaps schedule a surgery.

17. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I can stop taking my Jardiance. Last time I did that I got 5 days of Deloted.

Buck Turgidson and Bobbythegreat like this.
  18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I came for the draft talk not to listen to you jive turkeys talking about quitting smoking

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is what happens when the Texans don't pick in the first round.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Will someone try to cancel me if I point out Ladd McConkey to the Pats makes sense?

conquistador#11 likes this.