1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 ALW sprint to the finish.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by IdStrosfan, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They did "celebrate" though... and while popping bottles doesn't necessarily mean "party all night", it does result in a little more effort (and a little more intoxication) than what the Astros did.

If I were the Rangers, I'd own the excuse even if its exaggerated... they got shutout in the most important game of the season with a lineup that rivals some countries GNP's in terms of payroll.

Radricky and Nook like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

LOL, thanks... its always Brian's fault.

"Division champs, Brian... " Never gets old.

Buck Turgidson and Radricky like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    I really don’t care - it’s social media, the very bottom of humanity at least 85% of the time. Did people on social media pile on her because she is a woman? Yeah I think so - is it wrong? Yeah but it’s social media. The fact she is from Houston and also can be arrogant probably didn’t help but whatever.

Hearing the Dallas Cowboys of all teams try to chastise the Astros is hilarious. There isn’t a morally shittier organization in pro sports than the Cowboys.

Emily is like almost 50 - she is an adult and can handle it. If she choose to deactivate her Twitter for a week or two, that’s on her- I think she will be fine when she goes home to her multi million dollar home with her very wealthy husband and healthy kids.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would never say we are better than harrassing people as a fanbase, but we should be.

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I'd never even heard this dim-bulb's name until today, but I just spent my afternoon drive home listening to her boo-hoo'ing about how mean McTaggert and Astros' fans were to her on Twitter. She, the mental midget that's getting smoked on his own Twitter feed and the rest of the Arlington Clown Show Try Hards are discovering the true meaning of "FAFO". Everything about that organization is a pathetic joke.

And, by the way, these whiny ass pu$$ies root for an organization that saw a city literally drowning following one of the worst natural disasters in the state's history and decided that would be a good time to try and leverage that into a competitive advantage. They can all chug a big ol' cup of "Shut the F*ck Up".

#425 Colt45, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
    AWIN, Stephen66, Rock Block and 2 others like this.
  6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently, she can't handle it. Also, she freely admitted she was looking for a reason to leave Twitter as it's all just so beneath her.

Stephen66 and Rock Block like this.
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

More crying...

8. Radricky

Radricky Member

Pfft Chris Young is probably still hungover

9. jjsmooth

jjsmooth Member

The 2019 WS participants simultaneously faint

10. Radricky

Radricky Member

Can we just skip all this lame Twitter celebration drama and get to the part where we are laughing at the rangers being eliminated?

jim1961, Hey Now! and Stephen66 like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Why not just turn off her DM’s for a few days?

She didn’t deserve what happened but it’s so weird how it seems like all Rangers media is incredibly petty.

Btw, she asked Tags what happened to him. Like it was so terrible how he pointed out the difference in team celebrations the day before game 162.

Stephen66 and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Shouldn’t their GM still be getting heat for trading a young phenom lefty starter who can win the AL pitcher of the month… for Aroldis Chapman???

And he’s worried about this?

Honestly between them, the Angels self-sabotage, and the Mariners being mental midgets with Yordan PTSD, the Astros really don’t have to do that much to continue to own this division.

I bet Oakland rebuilds/reloads and contends sooner than these teams who keep falling over themselves do.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Nope didn't party at all...

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lol…. “Subdued”….

dookiester, Nook and Rock Block like this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Given that these broadcasters work for the team… I’m sure somebody in the front office or media relations dept. won’t appreciate this stance (even if in jest).

AkeemTheDreem86, Nook and Rock Block like this.
  17. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I heard this played back today on iHeart 790. Couldn’t believe he would say that about professional players that no matter the circumstances are putting it on tape and have a desire to win. Shameful and petty on his part…..that’s not even adding in the Vegas angle in the mix…..

Salvy likes this.
  18. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Lol losers

Radricky likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Don’t they have a game tomorrow? Shouldn’t they be breaking down pitching matchups? Lineups? Playoff roster decisions? Are they really spending even more energy trying to call out Brian freakin Tags for a throw-away tweet (not like he wrote a lengthy article)…. And he probably watched the same celebration footage we all did put out by their own team, and their own fans put out 100’s of comments that maybe they shouldn’t be celebrating to this extent when they have a game the next day.

They’re all trash.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Tags didn’t do anything wrong. There is video of the Rangers celebrating making the playoffs and it wasn’t subdued at all like the Astros.

The Rangers writers/media claim it was subdued and over in 30 minutes. Maybe it was over in 30 minutes, but the video speaks for itself. The Rangers media also decided to “run with it”.

The truth is - above all the Rangers were just happy to make the playoffs. They lost 94 games last year and haven’t made the playoffs in years. The Astros by comparison **** out ALCS appearances often the last decade.

Seems to me it was some entitlement and defensiveness on the part of the Rangers.