1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I watched Yellowstone through 4 seasons a year ago. I paid for Peacock and felt obligated to use it. I regret wasting my time.

Blake likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I will have to check it out. I have been spending time on youtubes by the Recteq grill people and especially Meat Church videos ("I don't hate it").

Blake likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TMNT Mutant Mayhem

Was not that bad..... Jackie voicing as Mr Miyagi Splinter.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Damn....1883 hit way harder than I expected it to. There are strong moments throughout the season. The main character's narrations are pretty and poetic, but sometimes eye rolling. Some plots are a bit over the top and CW-like. I rolled my eyes when Sheridan inserted himself into the story.

Sam Elliott killed it. Strong performance in the whole series. Isabel May did great, too, except her accent felt obnoxious at times. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were solid for musicians turned actors.

The show itself has little connection to the Yellowstone series. It's more about the struggles navigating the Oregon Trail and coming-of-age. It's a strong recommendation from me.

Blake likes this.
  5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’m finally watching 24. Almost done with season 1. Spoiler alerts ahead…

I like it but it’s kind of funny how absurd some of it is. Like the fact that they keep using the same marked red van at every fricking operation.

also, they really were some dedicated turrists. They took out a whole passenger jet just to steal an ID badge and kill a photographer?! A little excessive, no? And how many times you gonna let yourself get captured in one day? Women. Amirite?

Also. kids are dumb. Listen to your parents. This girl doesn’t seem phased at all that her friend was murdered and so were like 15 other people around her that day…****ing rick.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Oh I just remembered the other reason why they took down the plane

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

This show is ridiculous. How many fking times are y’all gonna let them infiltrate your agency?!? And who let thr 19 year old work in counter terrorism? And why is she so unaffected by all the people that die around her?! Lol

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Bro, just sit back and enjoy the ride. You haven't experienced true 24 until you watch a whole season back-to-back in one sitting.

#1528 Duncan McDonuts, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  9. Buck Turgidson

I've never watched an hour of 24, I'm not really down for it I don't think

Ottomaton likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Harrison Ford was on it?

Kevooooo likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I watched a good chunk of it this weekend. I’m on season 3. The plot holes and absurdity aside, I enjoy it. But I find myself chuckling at many things

12. i3artow i3aller

:cool:

Wicked good thus far

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve been watching Season 2 of Invasion in Apple +. It’s pretty good sci-fi along War of the Worlds style.

14. conquistador#11

Burden Of Truth. 9/10 on Hulu, Starring Lana Lang. She goes back to her small town where she grew up. Now a hot shot lawyer Lana takes on a case where girls are having spasms and other severe reaction to vaccines. Keep in mind it's filmed in 2017.
    I will admit if Lana wasn't in it, I'd probably give it a 1/10. Nice seeing the Smallville peeps having a little success and not being dangerous cult leaders.
    Enjoyed season one.

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Finally discovered ‘This is Us’ and ‘A Million Little Things’, both series that finished fairly recently and are similar in being very real-to-life dramas, both dealing with mental health (awareness) and focusing on a tight-knit family (group of friends) that goes through a lot together. There’s a good dose of humor, they provide a glimmer of hope and love the message of humanity they sell to the audience.

As in real life, there's quite some story lines, including romantic relationships and relational (marital) issues, that do not get resolved or end up as you would hope or love to see. And don’t think they tiptoe around serious real world issues like racism, BLM movement around George Floyd’s murder and the pandemic either. They both deal with it head on.

‘This is Us’ might be my favorite TV show ever, glad I waited to watch it straight through as it just sucks you in. The structure of the episodes is also very interesting with different time periods linked together by a common theme, character and or plot line. 'Firefly Lane' did this too, where you learn about a character's life through the past and tying both together is the genius of this show. The cast has some known faces, but the acting all around is great too. Highly recommended.

16. Buck Turgidson

We're liking this.

daywalker02 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rewatched sopranos

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Going to ...but who is this one....

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

"Rabbits" the complete David Lynch sitcom...

Episodes 1-4

stay tuned

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Episodes 5-8

Watership Down faints...