1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Did you know the actor that plays Spencer is British? I was shocked when I found out. Good show though, pretty redbones.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Brits taking over

Rocket River

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Pennyworth.

Backstory on a young Alfred from Batman but definitely not canan or really anything to do with the comic books.

From the people who did Gotham but more understated, I never watched Gotham but I get that from the previews.

Kind of has a Prisoner vibe for anybody that knows the old british show as well as The Saint and The Avengers (Shout out to Emma Peel):D

It's based in an alternative 60"s England but not that alternative, mainly just Historic timelines and there is a character named John Ripper.:eek:

Not yet able to call it a great show but I highly recommend it if anybody likes an offbeat action drama.

Great acting, good pacing, It's great for binge watching.

Paloma Faith has been a revelation, probably my favorite character, batshit crazy.

It aired on EPIX and I just got around to watching it.

It is shown on Amazon and they have a 30 free offer.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

Such an underrated show. One of the best narco tv series I've ever seen. How is it not more popular?!

5. Asian Sensation

Barry. If you haven’t watched it yet. Shoot, I might watch it again anyways.

VooDooPope and daywalker02 like this.
  6. astros123

astros123 Member

Anyone who has not seen ZeroZeroZero is literally missing out on AMAZING tv. I have major ADHD and can never stay interested for a few episodes but wow. I was glued to my tv for 8 hours. The production value was amazing.

daywalker02, marky :) and FrontRunner like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another watch recommendation for COVID 19. The Star Trek the Next Generation episode "Half a Life". The background is a scientist from a planet where everyone has to kill themselves visits the Enterprise and wrestles with the decision to go through with it. They call this ritual "The Resolution" and is meant so the elderly don't become a burden on society. What is very impressive about this episode is that it isn't heavy handed with the morality but the scientist, played by the late great David Ogden Stiers, has very honest dilemma and presents both the bad and good of The Resolution. Also an outstanding job by frequent guest star Majel Barrett, who is best known as Nurse Chapel on the original series and as the goofy Luwaxana Troi.

This episode is very poignant now at this time that many are saying the elderly should be willing to sacrifice themselves in order to get the economy going.

This is Star Trek at it's best. Using Sci-FI to make a morality play in a very human way on an issue that is very relevant.

ico4498 and Rocket River like this.
  8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

That looks really good! I'm going to give it a try this weekend.

marky :) likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I'll second this, just finished season 1 on hbonow.

VooDooPope and Asian Sensation like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That is on my list, made by the the same people who did Gomorrah, a pretty good show as well.

11. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I liked it a lot, it reminds me a lot of the first Sicario.

Yes looking forward to season 2.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Been telling you people to watch All American for years! The Football routes they run are TRAAAASH, but the unironic ridiculous teen drama is so pure, so sincere! *chef's kiss*

Black teen angst is what's lacking on TV! Inject it into my veins!

jiggyfly and Rocket River like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hilariously angsty

Missed some points in plot and acting
    But no move so than any other CW
    Thing

Rocket River.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you're feeling terribly confined and you want to soar, watch this BBC documentary about Kate Bush. With a good sound system, if you can manage it.

I am a Donut likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I watched 4 Seth Rogen movies today. Boys was good, never heard anything about it.

Wife and I made a new Easter tradition. Choose a Jew and binge their movies

Rocket River likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

ZeroZeroZero. The budget and shooting of this show is of very high quality. I found that this director also directed some of Sicario. Sicario being one of the best movies of this decade, IMO, makes it easy to see how beautifully shot this was. That being said, Im so sick and tired of the brother, sister duo. The actors are terrible and their characters plots are so annoying and predictable. Also, whats up with the rewinding of film to explain things, like this was Nolan or Tarantino or something?

Edit: Director did Sicario 2, which was alright but not close to being as good as the first.

17. Buck Turgidson

Big Little Lies...

So the ladyfriend wanted to start watching this since I made her watch Succession, so we did...I'ts a really good show, much better than I expected.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

This is awesome: 4 Seth Rogen movies plus 'choose a jew'

At least one movie has to be Mel Brooks, right?

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Insert Dreamshook angsty facial expression.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

After enjoying Unorthodox... we started watching Shtisel on Netflix. Too early to review it (only third episode of two seasons). It was recommended as a more accurate view of orthodox Jewish life (though this time in Jerusalem). Well-acted, also has the lead of Unorthodox (much younger, as this is a 2013 series). Much slower pace as most of the action seems to happen around dinette tables. But both my wife and 21 year old daughter are already hooked. Sorry for the poor youtube quality...