1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Letterkenny for the win...

Colt45 likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

One for the @Deckard files: the story of the Austin rock poster from the '60's-70's

Deckard likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Such a great find. Thanks.

“If you came from other communities in Texas, I mean, especially if your hair was long and your proclivities were counterculture, it was a wonderful place to be.”

Truer words were never spoken. Like the man said, Austin was 200,000 people, UT, the state government, and that was it. I’m so glad I experienced it. We came up from Houston all the time. I had friends that lived in cottages on the side of Castle Hill above Baylor Street you reached by walking up dozens of steps. We did psychedelics there and at other places. Lots of other places. It was crazy. Such a different scene.

One friend of mine lived in a little wood frame house up on a hill not far from Mount Bonnell. I remember driving up there one night from Houston, knocking on the door, and he answered it with a grin on his face, wearing one of those felt hats like Errol Flynn wore in Robin Hood with a feather in it, and nothing else. There were several girls and a couple of other guys there, all in their birthday suits, and a cloud of smoke. Naturally, we took our clothes off and partied into the night. Austin was such a trip then.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Finished the series Cursed. Another teenagery series with a bit less interesting concept. This is a riff on the King Arthur/Merlin story. Except in this one Arthur is a black dude who is a thief (huh?) and the movie has a bit of a Lord of the Rings theme with different humanoid type people. The ending was much better than the first season. Hopefully the second season is a lot more like the ending.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just saw Palm Springs. A funny enough "Groundhog day" type of movie featuring Andy Samberg. Craziest part was I was watching a montage and the music was just familiar enough to look it up. It was Brazilian from Genesis off the Invisible Touch album, which happened to be the first CD I ever owned. I truly don't think I'd heard that song since 1987.

Colt45 likes this.
  6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First 3 episodes of The Boys season 2 are up on Prime Video.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yes Sir!

Time to GO!!!

Rocket River

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Raised by wolves. The first two episodes are pretty damn good.

Rashmon likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Started watching Away on Netflix... while it may not be the best at special effects, this space drama (starring Hillary Swank and Josh Charles, with a good cast (Vivian Wu, Ray Pathaki, Ato Essandoh). We raced through most of it the past two nights.

marky :) likes this.
  11. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

On The Record - Me Too documentary on Russell Simmons

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Also saw this recently. I was surprised by how good it was, the theme on motherhood was really powerful to me and well done. Look forward to the second season.

marky :) and NewRoxFan like this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

First episode in its entirety (could be only up for a short time???)

14. TimDuncanDonaut

The war with Grandpa. Family comedy. Kind of what you expect. Has prank and slapstick elements. Few of the jokes don't land but a little comedy to wash away a Rocket's loss.

Grade: B

[​IMG]

Aggretsuko - Netflix original anime. Has 3 seasons, each episode only 15 min. Office worker dealing with the struggles of life. Has a schitty boss, annoying mom, and being poor. The lead copes by screaming death metal at a karokee. Deadpan comedy. I laughed more than I cared to admit. The english dub is surprisingly decent.

Grade: A

[​IMG]

#494 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Over the past few weeks watched all 8 seasons of Dexter, finished it up last night......dam, that was good!!

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Was it though? You didnt feel like the last seasons were a bit too much. I never could get myself to finish that series. Such a shame too, since it was so good for 6 seasons.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Just started this with the wife and it's pretty good so far. The cast is definitely hitting it out of the park in this series.
    The user reviews of the series have been brutal and I can see what they're talking about. Not so much a sci-fi show but more of a drama with a space exploration backdrop. It's definitely not the space exploration type series/movie like Interstellar for those that haven't watched it. But I think it's still a really great series

18. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

I finished Away as well. As the series went on, I found myself more liking the space crew interactions than some of the earth sub plots. Mission control stuff was good, I could take it or leave it on the daughter / boyfriend. Gently used the skip button on some of the earth drama stuff.

Hillary Swank is good, the guy who plays her husband is also good. The highlights that made the series for me were the space surviving problems and science solving.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Umm...you might want to spoiler that sh_t about the G and the D. It's better not knowing. Just kidding! o_O

Was it this thread I got myself in trouble? :eek:

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

we are also really liking Away. The acting/writing just seems to be very good. The drama of the spacewalk had me tense and that rarely happens with TV.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.