1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I’m guessing those cards aren’t part of a full deck.

R0ckets03, Rashmon, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Or if you are just such a cynical troll that what you enjoy about what Trump does is that he makes a mockery of the most serious job in the country and government in general. It's all a game to these folks, and Trump is a blunt instrument of entertainment watching the entire infrastructure burn to the ground because... i dunno... boredom in their daily lives I guess. There has been no act of less Patriotism then when millions of Americans banned together to decide that it was a good idea to tear the whole thing down because they were worked up about losing "muh culture" and just straight up bored with their mundane lives.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This idea that just because someone is running against the establishment makes them someone worth supporting I've never found to be a strong reason to support. While things need to be shaken up now and then that doesn't mean "outsider" should be the primary qualification. There might be a good reasons why someone is an outsider having nothing to do with that they don't agree policy wise or ideologically with the establishment.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Trump smoking people in debates has nothing to do with command of facts or soundness of argument but only of style. Trump wins debates because he gets his opponents to come down to his level. Once Rubio started making statements about Trump's anatomy Trump had won.

During the last 2016 debate. I felt coming into it Clinton should've just ignored Trump and just focused on explaining what she would do as President. I still feel that is a good strategy. Campaigns are about one person but they aren't one person. Most of the attacks and the mud should be left to surrogates especially in regard to Trump.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah that's really a big statement to one person at a rally.

Really dude?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why did you only name Dems and Libs if it goes without saying?

You were the one who singled them out.

7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I pulled one link. I'm not going to barrage the thread with a bunch of links or regurgitate a bunch of twitter posts. I feel twitter is the appropriate platform to retweet. He did say it at that rally and he's said it other times. He said no new oil and gas permits on public lands. It's not a reach to conclude the oil and gas industries would not like this.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because you can't.

I'm sure the Washington Free Beacon was at the top of a google search.

By the way I did do search when you 1st made this claim and I did not see anything, good job digging this out.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He danced an entertaining enough jig all the way to the presidency.

Not sure who is the real joke here.

10. dobro1229

Think of who the “Trump of the left” is, and tell me if that half of the country would ever think poorly enough of the country to vote for that guy/woman.

Kathy Griffin? Snookie? Sasha Baron Cohen?? Cardi B?? Most of those Trump like stars though are actually likely not criminals in real life though.

Even then if Cardi B decided to run for President in a field with the likes of Biden, Warren, Bernie, etc. would we really be dumb enough to vote for her vs the normal Dems? That’s basically the extent to which that decision was made by the right to think Trump was a good idea.

#250 dobro1229, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
    TheFreak, Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is the establishment now. And everyone sees him as a crook.

Look, people are either pro trump or anti trump. He's polarized this nation. He's used his slash and burn techniques and enriched himself and his children. He's bungled everything he touches. He's a clown in the whitehouse.

A duck can beat him at this point. He's going to lose. He knows it.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A new ad... again starring trump...

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

If Michael Avenati ran he would be the equivalent of the Democratic Trump.

15. dobro1229

Yeah in criminality and personality but he actually is a professional in a career path that can lead to political governing. Trump was a reality tv star really up until he was sworn in. A Trump equivalent would probably have to be considered from the train wreck tv/music/movie industry.

I think there’s a case to be made that Avennatti is much more qualified to be president even then... I do not think for a second Dems would be cynical and unpatriotic enough to say that things are so bad THAT is who we want.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Another ad starring donald trump...

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

19. NewRoxFan

There is not part of donald trump that doesn't rely on lies... including his re-election campaign...

CNN sends Trump campaign cease-and-desist letter for misleading ad
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/media/trump-campaign-ad-cease-and-desist/index.html

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member