1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Feb 20, 2019.

1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I've been on TMobile for a long time along side Verizon and have had no complaints inside Houston or the sugar Land area where I frequent. I can't comment on other parts.

Xenon likes this.
  2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

which is better or you'd go with pixel 3 XL or oneplus 7 pro?

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. BiGGieStuFF

6000mah battery! The phone must be massive.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Stupid S10 needs to hurry up and go on sale. My G7 is dying a rapid death.

6. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

FHD. Bummer. Would have been nice to have QHD with the ability to lower resolution to go along with that massive battery.

7. BiGGieStuFF

YOU WANTED MORE? -WONG hahaha.. they are probably thinking..DAMN IT! THAT'S WHAT WE FORGOT.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Lol... they almost had it. :D

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, it's great to have but it drives up everything (ram, battery, etc...) for similar performance/benchmarks.

FWIW, I like my XR, but felt slightly cheated to discover they lowered the resolution on it. I didn't miss it that much downgrading from QHD, but it doesn't feel as luxurious.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

guess nobody got any of these phones?

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

the 7 Pro is better. The ONLY time I'd recommend the Pixel is if you take a lot of pictures and want the best quality possible.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I must be old. Spending top $ on a phone just doesn't appeal to me. My tech money goes to laptops. My primary tech craving is for 2-in-1 laptops/tablets with pens.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so u still got a flip phone?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Galaxy Note 5, which I bought on eBay last year for like $200.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I got a Nokia 7.1 a couple of months back. I don't like spending big money on phones. Before that I had the 'king of budget phones' the Moto G. The Nokia 7.1 is an Android One phone. I mostly like it, though it's having some glitches I didn't have with Moto G. The biggest issue is that it won't do MMS texting. Customer support had me delete a bunch of things from cache and reset some stuff, and then it worked for a few hours and then stopped working again. I can't get a fix to stick. The other thing is that it doesn't sync with my cars very well for music. One car just won't play music from my phone. The other one will usually play, but can never pull the meta-data like the title, artist, etc.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I am good with spending high amount on phones, it is one of those buys that you literally use everyday, so you are getting your moneys worth. I used to hold off every 2 years, but I usually find ways with upgrades/trade-ins and don't pay full retail.

17. BiGGieStuFF

So the IPHONE 11 series has been released and major improvements are battery life and photo features like night mode. Front camera has 4k video recording and slow motion now. Not huge improvements over last year's but for those still stuck on iphone 7 or 8, it's a worthy upgrade.

My biggest complaint is the night mode probably won't come to the X, XR, XS or XS max for awhile or ever even though it's a software feature and not a hardware feature.

Pixel 4 series right around the corner has me excited. I'm still sitting on my pixel XL 2 and would love to upgrade. Gone is that wonderful matte frosting on the phone that detracts fingerprints and gives you a good grip. Gone is that UGLY ass notch from the PIXEL 3 XL. Gone is the fingerprint scanner in place of a higher tech 3d face ID and air gestures. Hopefully they kept the squeeze feature as I felt that was a very underrated feature.

Huawei just came out with it's P30 with no google support so it'll be interesting if some folks actually prefer that. I know some do because of huge privacy issues but why get a chinese phone if you're that worried about it.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Edit: Double Post.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just bought a Pixel 3A to replace my 3 year old ZTE Axon 7. Hopefully I'll like it.

I like that $400 ish range for it's value to spec ratio. Don't think I'd spend top dollar on a phone again.

I'll get it tomorrow.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ive been done with high priced flagship phones for awhile now. Its just not worth the price for a bunch of features I never use anyway. Ive been pretty pleased with motorola with their home button thumb swipe feature.

jiggyfly and Two Sandwiches like this.