1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Dec 28, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

red5rocket likes this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

They way the Texans draft, I'd be ok with either but I think Isaiah Johnson can be had in the 3rd

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

With McClain's draft, they still don't have a LT and with Aaron's draft, they have a LT, a RT, and a CB drafted way too early IMO. Only way I'm happy is if Peterson is coming (Aaron Wilson's draft) or they sign Donald Penn (McClain).

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This was the first reply to that tweet:
    As I’ve stated earlier, Greg Little should have a 1st Round Grade (was discussing him with former Bengals and Cowboys OLine coach Paul Alexander, and he agrees. Plus, McGary should be above both Howard and Edoga.

I will not be surprised if Little is #23. If the staff thinks he can compete for the starting LT then fine. They've seen all the tape, They've talked to all the coaches, of him and against him and they've had the interviews with him.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Little is the guy I think the Texans pick at 1-23.

red5rocket and gucci888 like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

NFL Network's Lance Zierlein predicts that the Texans will not trade up in the first round in order to select an offensive tackle, with Washington State's Andre Dillard being the rumored target.
    While the Texans do have a need to fill at tackle, the team's other needs are why Zierlein predicts that they'll stay put. "With only one year left on the contracts for three of their top four cornerbacks and needs along the offensive line, the Texans simply can't afford to part with those valuable picks for a tackle who isn't considered a top-five talent in the draft," Zierlein wrote. Houston, which will pick 23rd overall, has four total selections within the first 86 picks that it can use to fill these needs.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Are you, like John McClain, ready to see what Mike Devlin can do with him? ;)

Commodore likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is what I'm talking about.

red5rocket likes this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Mike who?

[​IMG]

For a second there I forgot about him. Thanks @J.R. now I need to buy yet another monitor and keyboard.

red5rocket and J.R. like this.
  11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

PFF 2019 NFL Mock Draft 5: Rounds 1-3

3. HOUSTON TEXANS: OT/G CODY FORD, OKLAHOMA
    Houston must address the offensive line during this draft and Ford has tackle skills, though he may fit best at guard. He allowed just seven pressures as Oklahoma’s right tackle last year to go with his powerful run-blocking that is a perfect match for Houston’s run game.

24. OAKLAND RAIDERS: WR MARQUISE BROWN, OKLAHOMA
    Even with the additions of Antonio Brown and Tyrell Williams, Brown adds another speed dimension that can win outside or in the slot. He has a next-level gear that will make Oakland dangerous to defend, and littering the field with playmakers is the best bet to get the most out of Derek Carr. He averaged 18.3 yards per reception during his career, to go with 9.5 YAC/reception.

25. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: S DARNELL SAVAGE, MARYLAND
    Savage is one of the best playmakers in the draft, as his 4.33 speed shows up on the field. He brings incredible range to the back end, accelerating through the catch point to pick off and break up passes. Savage can also play over the slot in zone looks, and he will shorten the field for opposing offenses after posting two straight years with 86.0-plus grades.

Could Savage cover T Y Hilton?

12. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Pass on Cody Ford. Love the other two picks.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Continued

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can see how it would be kind of deceptive the way they put that out there. What that means is that he can get by covering the least demanding receivers in the least physically demanding defensive set. But among the top safetys, he has the least polished set of skills, despite raw speed. Efficient backpedal and timely hip flip have not much to to with 40 time.

As I understand it guys like Abram and Thornhill and others have much more developed corner skill sets. That comment is basically saying the can sorta double up on some corner stuff in a pinch, which is a very far cry from "the guy you get to shutdown TY Hilton"

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Gonna call my shot here. Texans will draft Rock Ya-Sin at #23 or on a trade down.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gird your loins. The day of our deliverance is at hand. Or possibly the day of our ignominious decent into infamy.

or possibly:

or if you are feeling really obscure:

!!!!!!!!

#978 Ottomaton, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Girded with 9-7 level stuff, or with Champion-level?

Great songs for the morning, I'm about to make a kolache run.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think he goes to the Steelers and the Texans draft Byron Murphy or trade back.