1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 UDFA tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

I have NEVER heard any hiring managers or HR personnel make a statement like that. You don't change your policy just because other companies don't have the same policy. You obviously are different. That's fine. Most aren't. And let's be clear, no team has won championships BECAUSE of players that have been involved in domestic violent cases. Your beloved Tyreke Hill hasn't taken his team to the superbowl. I'm going to go out on the ledge and say Holton Hill won't do the same. You can make cases for Aaron Hernandez and Roethlisberger but those weren't domestic violence cases.

Why do people realize they are losing a debate and then start making it personal? How does the Texan's policy have anything to do with me and making mistakes. Everyone has to be smart. Will you give a convicted pedophile a 2nd chance to babysit your daughter alone? NFL teams are learning from the Ray Rice debaucle and are smart to stay away from cases like that as much as they can. And there needs to be consequences. You best believe if I get convicted of physical abuse to my wife, I'll be unemployed and will have trouble finding new employment. Consequences.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well...good. Picking up potential problems is not a good thing so it should be done only in certain circumstances where the talent clearly makes up for it.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's funny when we get these temper tantrums, is always a UT guy or a U of H guy or a Baylor guy, or whatever. I've yet to see anybody flip out because they didn't sign a SW Missouri St. guy or a Wisconsin-Oshkosh guy or even a Florida St. guy.

Connect the dots?

houstonstime likes this.
  4. How Sweet It Is!

Do the Texans pay you to post in here, shill?

raining threes likes this.
  5. raining threes

This wasn't meant to be personal?

I was just asking if you've ever been given a 2nd chance in life like I have?

Because if you have then your stance is hypocritical.

6. raining threes

Wrong,

I really wanted the Texans to draft Justin Houston and trade up for Tunsil.

7. raining threes

Agreed

But this hasn't been done.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

musta missed those threads. post a link?

btw, tinsel was off the board by the Texans first pick not sure how that would have worked.

9. raining threes

I dont know but if you look back in those years draft threads you can probably find them. I think I was a member and cant remember which MB I posted my mocks on.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

You said "Apparently" I havent made mistakes. It wasn't a question. Check your posts.

I never said anything about not getting 2nd chances. In fact I specifically said the Texans don't like repeat offenders and will take first time offenders as long as it is not domestic violence. They have to given player second chances.

So to answer your question, I have never made the "mistake" of beating my wife.

Now can you answer the question I asked you.

DBrunk01 likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yes it has.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Oh if only. I work a job that permits and sometimes needs a lot of distraction. Plus i just started a few months ago and still growing my workload.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It has been proven to you in this very thread already that it has been done.

14. raining threes

What question was that?

Are you saying the Texans aren't the cleanest team in the NFL and that they do everything possible to put the most talented team on the field?

Because if that's what you're saying then we will never agree and it's best that we end this discussion.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

All making sense...

No Worries likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yes but I would have spent a 7th on a 4th round talent like Hill for example. 7th's are practically worthless so worth the risk imo especially for a hometown guy. If he flamed out out so be it it's only a 7th but if he doesn't... Well then talk about value.

raining threes and macho GRANDE like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Smoking weed doesn't male you a bad player. It just makes you a pothead. NFL nerds to get over that nonsense. Especially in this day and time when "pot" is being used to fight all sorts of ailments.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Agreed but can’t blame the Texans for passing either. This would be the 5th “failed” test in 2 years for Hill? All knowing that they were coming too. That’s just not a good sign, and that’s coming from a big fan of his game.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

I don't think that many fans really care if players smoke pot or not, but as long as the NFL cares you can't blame teams for passing on guys who have repeatedly shown they may not have the best decision making skills/maturity/whatever you want to call it.

raining threes and coachbadlee like this.
  20. raining threes

Can I blame them when Hill plays well for the Vikings?