1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 28, 2018.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lunch date w/ blonde hottie today. somewhat sedate and more finicky than most, but then all of a sudden turned really perky and passionate when showing me her new iphone xs MAX (she kept stressing the MAX part). i learned that notifications can only be read by the owner (with facial recognition) and not anyone else at all. had to act like i was completely blown away by this

Dave2000 likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Did you have to pre order to get it at $650 or just walk in?

Did a pre order promo for $100 gift card at Sams but haven’t gotten a call that they got any in yet.

3. theimpossibles1

Sounds like a real keeper. :rolleyes:

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nope, it seemed like a lowkey deal. You do have to sign up to their installment plan though, which means you are stuck for 24 months.

ramotadab likes this.
  5. gucci888

Dropped by Frys at 59 and Beltway and guy said that it was an AT&T promo that passed. Good deal though.

Apparently Sams isn’t expecting any XRs until the 1st. Was told I should’ve received a 2nd email about it and that they rose the gift card amount to $200. Haven’t gotten anything though.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Damn, those old one plus phones are gonna get a boost in resale value haha.
    [​IMG]

7. gucci888

What carrier is this?

8. superfob

Tmobile, which is the only carrier I think carrying the phone.

9. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm dropping my Nexus 6 to tmobile come Nov 1st :)

10. superfob

It's a bit ridiculous my 6P doesn't qualify for trade-in while the 6 is... but whatever.

Still $250 less than a pixel 3.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I bet they're going to have a lot of limited restrictions.

Phone must be in cosmetically great condition, must be working, etc. Would be pretty cool if I could buy an as-is 1+1 and get 300 bucks for it though, lol.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

The fact that the 6T's "8gb ram + 128gb" model is at $579, is tremendous.

13. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Regardless, I would still wait to see what T Mobile's Black Friday Sale will be. Last year was BOGO free on Samsung phones, and in 2016 me and the wife got the S7 for $100 and $150 each (2 year payoff) by trading in our S6 and S5. There was no limitation on condition either (my S5 was busted up bad in the corners)

ramotadab likes this.
  14. gucci888

6 Plus? Showing that it is eligible.

15. superfob

Sorry meant my Nexus 6P (which would either fall under a Google or Huawei brand)... I've never owed a oneplus phone previously although have been tempted.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I like this phone as well.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya i had to abort fairly quickly. not only because she was a bubblehead, but also because as some here might remember -- i just got my first smartphone only a year ago so i'm not into this stuff at all :D

18. superfob

Looking to pickup the OnePlus 6T once I get my refurb iphone.

Boost Mobile is selling the 6's for $99, so you can still net $200 off the OnePlus if you've already decided to get it.

19. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

NOTE: Just an FYI, this "$300 off" is $12.50 credit over 24 months and requires what they say is "awesome credit."

20. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Things I like about the op6t

1) gesture navigation . It's smooth and works as good as the iPhone. I love having all that extra space. I've tried Google's version and even XDA version and the OnePlus version bored then away

2) the in screen fingerprint sensor was supposed to be the hyped feature but I'm actually very impressed with how fast the face unlock feature is. You wake the phone and it detects and auto unlocks for you. The fingerprint sensor is okay .a physical one is still faster

3) battery life is pretty impressive so far . I'll get to test it more but initial impressions are very very positive .

Things I don't like

1) no always on display. I'm so used to taking quick glances at my screen just to see the time or see what notifications I've gotten. I have to tak the screen now

2) smudges smudges smudges. I rocked the pixel 2 naked because that back didn't pick up fingerprints. This phone could get me framed for murder.

3) the notch. It's small but I keep noticing it even though I've hidden it. Every now and then an app won't follow the rules and reveals it. I cringe. It's tolerable at this price but I feel like I've sold my soul .

4) 8gb doesn't seem to make a difference. I still get apps reloading after navigating away from it for a few minutes. I can't tell if it's making a difference while I'm navigating, listening to Audio and throwing voice commands. In that instance it seems to out perform the pixel 2 as there is no lag in responsiveness.

I'm going to factory reset the pixel now and see if it starts performing like it used to when I felt it was the performance champ.