1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018-2019] Oklahoma City Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Sep 20, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

People are still scared of the Thunder - this is insane people.

Easy, Ziggy and DonnyMost like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's not insane. It's a bad match up for the Rockets.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's not a bad matchup because the Thunder were eliminated in the first round, with ease.

Just like they were put down last year (by a Jazz team that we chainsawed).

Just like they were put down the previous year (by a Rockets team that didn't even play very well).

It can't be a bad matchup, if they always lose, which they always do.

4. MystikArkitect

Just has to adapt and work like Jim.

Lillard was swept last year.

Jim had Game 6.

It’s not lost on him but little reason to believe he’ll get it together. Colin Cowherd actually said it best, he’s been entitled by a city mortified of losing a star to LA/NY.

They doubled down his entitlement factor by giving him an MVP for stat padding.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I knew once PG13 started getting some praise that Brodie couldn't handle it. If he shoots under 15 shots they win and lose if over. Its just simple math and facts. They should have benched him at the outset for Shroeder and let him play a hyperactive 6th man role where he could do whatever he wanted. It would have optimized his limited talents. His D even sucks. Down the stretch he made bad play after bad play. He hits a couple of shots, gloats, and then misses 10 and turns the ball over. That team is doooomed.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No, not correct.
    These are insane people.

SamFisher likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

This is the 3rd first round exit in a row for him and it's always the same thing....poor decision making. For a guy over 10 years, it's hard to see this changing when it matters most. Westbrook more than likely is who he is.

8. MystikArkitect

Maybe. Considering our guy's history we should be more sympathetic than others.

He could turn into Harden or even Lillard.

He's likely just PG Dwight.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

An anonymous Eastern Conference analytics director recently suggested that Russell Westbrook is past his prime.
    "There's no debate," the analytics director said when asked if the 30-year-old Westbrook is past his peak. "You just look at what his metrics are this year versus the past, and where his age is and the amount of minutes and style of play, and there's no debate." Of the 30 players who averaged at least 20 points per game this season, Russ ranked dead last in EFG (46.8) and when you expand the threshold to guys who scored at least 15 points a night, he ranked 69th out of 70; right between Dennis Schroder and Andrew Wiggins. Yikes.

B-Bob, luckyman76, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But But But - - he had a trip dub!

s3ts, vlaurelio and ramotadab like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Westbrook has all the talent in the world with a frantic mindset

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess there wasn't any good material for Westbrook's postgame press? Next question a few times and he dipped?

13. Roc Paint

He should’ve said Next season after every question

xiki likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I often agree with you but you’re dead wrong about the Thunder. Post Durant they are annually hyped and routinely dispatched. The Rockets would have wiped the floor with them.

s3ts, Easy, ramotadab and 1 other person like this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

I don't think Westbrook's record as the main guy is anywhere near Harden's. In the time frame as Westbrook, Harden has been to two conference finals while Westbrook has yet to win more than 2 playoff games in the same series. I mean....Westbrook lost to a team led by a Rookie smh.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm aware the argument of if the Thunder pose(d) a threat to the Rockets divides Clutchfans. I'm just glad we won't have to find out. When the Rockets crushed them in the playoffs a couple years ago, I was excited the Rockets were going to play them in the first round because I KNEW the Rockets were better and Harden was better than MVP Triple Double Russ.

I think Rockets are a better team. I think Harden is better than Russ and PG. It's just a bad match up in my opinion. Rockets don't truly wake up and focus for any team besides the Warriors. Even though Rockets are the better team, they have a problem finishing, with OKC's length, and CP3 struggles with small fast guards like Dennis. and that's where the Thunder always bite Rockets in the ass.

Rockets would have won the series, but it would have been a huge hassle and my nerves would be shot.

#237 DreamShook, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Vivi and BigM like this.
  17. Roc Paint

We would’ve won, but your nerves would have been Shook ;)

DreamShook likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Russ answered every question, even from the guy he has been freezing out all season. It was brief and uneventful. PG was the one that had the sound bite saying Dame's shot was a bad shot.

Vivi and YOLO like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

No talent nor skill

Just athleticism tenacity and relentless