1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NBA Finals] Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sajan, May 12, 2017.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed May 31, 2017.
  1. GSW 4-0

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. GSW 4-1

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. GSW 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. GSW 4-3

12 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. CLE 4-0

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. CLE 4-1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. CLE 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. CLE 4-3

19 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I'm putting money down on the warriors going 16-0

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Taken

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Damn Kevin Durant for ruining this playoffs with his ring-chasing. That's what your late 30s are for.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Warriors’ co-owner Joe Lacob hopes team sees Cavaliers in Finals due to “unfinished business”

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron broke the dam when he joined the Heat when he was 26, 27.

el gnomo likes this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I seriously dislike both teams. The best player on each is a team jumping ring chaser. LeBron somewhat redeemed himself, but the K.D. signing still makes me nauseous. I have no plans to watch the finals.

7. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I went for GSW in 6. But if Lebron plays like last year..... come on Lebron, beat Curry & KD.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I won't watch a single play. I just hate how predictable this has become. The question over who wins is one I don't care about.

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Good for you, I am sure there are plenty of people who will watch the finals.

10. MD_in_Training

Lol, it's about the margins. You think networks won't notice if ratings are down even 5%?
    With that said, ratings will probably be fine this year. The problem goes to next year or the year after when a segment of the viewers will stop tuning in. When that happens, it'll hurt the league big time.

11. pirc1

No one can predict the future, teams break up, teams form, players get injured, that's why it is now that really matters.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chuck:

If the Warriors lose, they'll trash Durant & Mike Brown. That'll be the conversation for the next month.

If the Cavs lose, it'll be I told you LeBron wasn't as good as MJ.

I don't do fake news stuff that gets people to click on. It'll be a great Finals. Don't know who'll win. It'll come down to the big guys. The two PGs & LeBron/KD will cancel each other out.

These championships are engineered now. Michael never did it. He went through the Pistons. You have to factor that in. Better than Michael? He got his butt kicked a lot of years but hung in there. That's a whole 'nother animal. I respect Dirk. Can you imagine Dirk leaving the Mavs & cheating his way to a championship? He hung in there & won it. It's better than calling all your friends. You gotta factor that in.

Thank God for Harden & Westbrook who made the regular season somewhat enjoyable but we knew 7 months ago it would come down to these two teams. We knew on Halloween. That's not a lot of fun. It'll be like that for the next 2-3 years. There's not a person in the world who thought Nashville would be playing for the Stanley Cup. It's been incredible to watch these games. Tip your hat off to the NHL. We knew when the season started it was Warriors-Cavs. That's not good for our league, sucks for our fans. I'm not buying tickets for my crappy team who has no chance of winning. The league is just not fun to watch right now unless you're in Oakland or Cleveland.

13. pirc1

Did people think GS was going to be such a great team in 2013-14? Everyone was like Miami was God team, things can change in a hurry, nothing is constant, ok maybe Lebron going to the final is constant in the Eastern conference.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Aside from local markets, nationally broadcast games viewership seems to be down huge this year. It was so bad that NBA Sundays were scarce and moved to Saturday nights.

The regular season is a joke when the postseason is as predictable as it is. The Finals is the only competitive series that matters. I don't think ratings will be down that much. But the regular season will suffer more for sure.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's also because the media only talks about their 2 or 3 favorite players. To build a sense of uncertainty when it comes to who the best team is...you gotta hype up the top 10 teams..not just talk about gsw and cavs all day long.
    the entire season has been distracted by mvp talk.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i think it's definitely possible. especially now that the finish line is in sight.

i started thinking they might have a chance in the middle of the utah series, but thought i was just being pessimistic. of course, that was before they basically got the spurs series off.

like most things with this warriors team, it will just feel so hollow. oh you added kevin durant and now you're better than everyone? not very surprising. even if it was completely legitimate without the kawhi injury, it would basically be meaningless. but now it's hardly even impressive. not only did they basically get to skip the spurs series, meaning they've barely faced any better competition than the cavs, but we saw them against the other team's best players and it was almost certain they would've lost game 1, so even if they get it it's not like they're going to get it without an asterisk. and even worse, they were the ones who injured the guy on a controversial play, so it just adds to the bad optics.

like i said in another thread, i normally love to hate great teams. hell, i loved hating this warriors team the last 2 years. but this team? just nothing. i used to at least respect the teams i hated. michael jordan? hated him, still call him the greatest player ever, because he kept winning and showing me he could win at any time. kobe and shaq going 15-1? hated it, but at least it was a team rising to the playoff moment and dominating in a way we haven't seen maybe ever. this team? just adding an mvp to a 73 win team and doing it, with the first 12 games basically off?

and somehow i could almost think something of it, if not for the way they added durant. they didn't display any cap wizardry to do it. they didn't make a great trade. there was a weird cap spike that basically just handed everyone a free max contract, or made it super easy to trade players into other people's cap space to get a max contract. and then they fit him into their cap room.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. MD_in_Training

I mean, sure. All those things can happen. They probably won't, and it'll be Cavs vs GSW for the next 2-3 years.

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

ha. is this guys serious? i even said at the beginning of the season that if i were a warriors' fan, even if you pretty much have to sign kevin durant, i would feel cheated. because the team never would finish their business from last year. no "steph was injured" revenge. no "team that revolutionized team basketball" proclamations. no steph saying he actually deserved the unanimous mvp. you can't do that now. you're just the team with the mercenary because y'all didn't want to compete, you didn't want to finish the business from last year. you can't make people forget 3-1 now, because that was that team. they now have that forever.

Easy likes this.
  20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This is precious coming from a LeBron stan. You can thank your queen for Durant joining the Warriors. Delonte's child wrote the blueprint.