1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

lfc really giving everything they've got in the cl and completely neglecting the epl. effectively ruining my fpl the last couple of weeks.

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thiago playing like a boss today.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

United clinches no worse than 4th with the 2-1 win and sweep of Arsene-al today. If they add the FA Cup, I'd call this a successful season. City was so far ahead of everyone else. They had a goal diff of +76. Only Liverpool even scored more total goals than than (80). If it holds, I believe that will be the record, topping Chelsea's +71 in 2009/10.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Gazzetta saying Can has signed a deal with Juve.

Hertha about to sign Man City youth winger Dilrosun.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

And in other news, obviously transfers of officials and refs are a thing now.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bayern with the back against the wall, we'll see if they have the heart to win it.

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, Zidane has decisions to make. Carvajal, right-back, and Isco are out. There is no one to replace Carvajal. It would be a mistake to go with Vazquez just because it wasn't disastrous in Munich, but that might be what he does.

He could play with 3 at the back, Ramos, Varane, and Casemiro, with Marcelo and Vazquez as wing-backs and Kovacic as the holding midfielder. I don't see them keeping Bayern from scoring two or more. I see Lewandowski, Muller, and Ribery abusing that formation similar to what Liverpool did against Roma.

Right-back will be a problem no matter if Zidane goes with Nacho, who just returned from a month long injury, or the young and unproven Aschraf. Ribery, who was their best player in Munich, is going to eat them up.

On the other hand, Isco being out means Asencio will start and Bale will be first man off bench.

I'm nervous. Bayern peeps are nervous. Everyone knows there will be goals. Everyone knows there will be controversy.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sounds like a 0-0 then.....I am kiddin.....

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Got a bad feeling. :(

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Everyone's made Real their b**** in the Bernabéu this season. Bayern scoring should not be a problem.

edit: Bayern draws first blood in under 5 min.

11. leroy

And then...

[​IMG]

ramotadab likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wakawaka.

13. Raz

Raz Member

Maybe next year we get a CL knocktout stage in which we don't miss key players, stand in our own way and get screwed by the referee.

Until then, **** off!

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Extremely entertaining game.....Real shows how talented their midfield is, loaned out Hames to their rival, and he almost singlehandedly defeats them.

Tolisso with couple of rookie mistakes, Ribery tunnel vision at times.

I must Bayern dominated and was exhausted making plays but were not efficient enough in the end.

15. leroy

The ref played no part in this game. If anything, there were opportunities to give Bayern players 2nd yellows and he didn't. It was there for Bayern to take...and then the goalie fell down.

16. Raz

Raz Member

Wut? No Bayern player saw a yellow in the first place, where's the second coming from? Also, hand by Marcelo end of 1st half, clear penalty. If the one that Real got against Juve is the benchmark, Lewandowski has to get at least one, too.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

3 CL finals in first 3 years as a manager for Zidane!

If he wins it, 3peat CL winner!

Legend!

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Bet he won't get any credit for it.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun think it was all on Ullreich.

20. leroy

Thought James got one but I was wrong. Real had 4 so saying the game was refereed one sided is silly. There were plenty of Bayern tackles that could've resulted in a card. On the replay, the hand was clear. In real time and without VAR, it wasn't that obvious. Even the end line official who was right there didn't see it in real time.

How about finishing any one of the number of chances? How about your keeper just handing away the 2nd goal? 60% possession. 11 corners. 22 shots...10 on goal. You didn't lose because of a missed call. Navas played a great game and didn't make the mistakes that Ulerich made.

You can go on about it all you want but the refs didn't screw you last week and they didn't screw you today.

I am by no means a Real fan and had no dog in this fight. If I'm pulling for anyone left, it's Liverpool.

ths balla likes this.