1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Raz

Raz Member

Still spreading that Bild **** after what happened lately? Don't believe a single word coming from them.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Anything specific you're referring to?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Raz

Raz Member

Not in sports, but #miomiogate showed perfectly well how these people are working and how they have zero journalistic ethics whatsoever. It is wrong to read them, it is wrong to quote them, it is wrong to believe them.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A typical tabloid paper then, I only believe 10% of their most serious articles when other sources have reported those.

In other rumors....the guy is major.

#1364 daywalker02, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That goes for literally all of media and honestly you can't trust any outlet, I separate from that stuff.

6. Raz

Raz Member

No, it does not. Few months ago some right wing group tried to outsmart a newspaper (I think it was the Washington Post) regarding the Alabama Senate election but failed - because the reporters did their jobs. Bild bosses didn't (/didn't want to) and exposed themselves as the lying human trash that they are.

Anyways, I know you just want to share and discuss news. Just feel disgusted anytime I even read their name. If you still think it's acceptable to share their crap, I promise to not bother you anymore.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Care to describe the situation with a tad more details? What means did the right wing group use to outsmart the papers? What did the regular papers do and what did Bild do or not do?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems official - Carrasco and Gaitan to Dalian Yi Fang! Fernando Torres refused to go. 48 million package - with taxes 84 million.

#1368 daywalker02, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  9. Raz

Raz Member

It actually doesn't belong here because it has nothing to do with sports, but I'll give you two links to understand my point. Both stories have nothing to do with each other, just shows that one paper has integrity and did their job, the other hasn't and chose to influence an important discussion on behalf of their own agenda without professional research.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/us/washington-post-roy-moore-project-veritas.html
    http://www.dw.com/en/germanys-bild-falls-for-hoax-unleashes-debate-on-fake-news/a-42704014

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I like Bild. Just saying.

Also, a friend of mine works there. We did our school newspaper together, like...30 years ago. I have no doubts about his integrity. They are not "the devil", contrary to what some people claim.

They are also a much, much higher quality tabloid than Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail, etc.

11. Raz

Raz Member

Back to topic. That's what happens if you mess with German fan groups.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Coman out for the season, this sucks.

13. Raz

Raz Member

L'Equipe says he could be back in two months. Might be enough to play in the CL semis, if we get that far.

Still a huge blow. Coman has been our best winger this year, now we have to hope for Ribéry to somehow find back his old class.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ribery seemed very decent lately, just gotta pray he stays healthy. Bernat has been our best player in pre-season tho, wouldn't mind seeing him more. Lots of great passes into the box and good in 1on1 situations.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw, Coman was injured during the game and wanted to leave the pitch, but Jupp kept him in due to us being over the sub limit that time.

Extremely stupid decision imo, you never **** with ankle injuries and these can become a chronical issue really quick (personal experience :( )

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great guy, but what have you in store as a replacement for Lewandowski....if he leaves in the summer?

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No real rumors out there, but I'd actually like to see us trying to sign Batshuayi in case Lewandowski leaves. Guy has been incredible and shocked me a bit with how dominant he is, especially when it comes to shielding the ball and finding the open teammate. Guy is playing like a 40yr old vet that has seen it all.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

still looks much better than rockets crowd on an average game.