1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How did you become such a marine biologist, enthusiast/semi expert? Dig that.

#741 daywalker02, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Countless hours of studying my story. I generally spent at least 6 hours a day studying and about 1-2 writing. There's no tricks, just hard work on a daily basis. Like I studied typhoons (hurricanes in the southern hemisphere if you don't happen to know that) for hours and hours because my whales go through a typhoon. So I needed to know what the eye of the storm would look like, the rotation of the wind, what happens under water during a hurricane, figure out what wild life does in these storms. Then I wrote for an hour or so and that was that. Move on to the next day and the next section of story.

I spent a ton of time on google scholar reading people's research on everything. How animals survive in cold climates, warm climates. Tried to get an understanding of what climate change was doing to the poles. Figuring out ocean currents and how they actually work. There was so much digging done. I tried to make the book at scientifically accurate as possible while these whales travel around the world. Sure, some fake stuff happens, but I tried to understand what truth I was stretching.

Like I found out that when whales sleep, they can only shut down one side of their brain at a time, so I included it in the story. I just felt like the truth was more interesting than some bs I could make up.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Dortmund defending like a youth squad, embarassing. Heard their coach has been stubborn throughout his whole career and never changed his system, fun times ahead.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Shame they’re falling apart after such a promising start.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Leipzig with a red card again, their whining will be glorious after the game.

Raz likes this.
  6. Raz

Raz Member

Martinez is so fn good in midfield. I'll never understand why Guardiola and Ancelotti insisted on playing him as a defender.

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's sad to see how our post-triple years were wasted. We had the strongest 6er in Martinez and the best wing backs in soccer (Lahm, Alaba), but Pep and Ancelotti completely changed the system and never utilized them in Jupp's way.

Feel like this Bayern generation should've had the same success the current Real squad had in these past few years, especially in CL.

Sad thing is Jupp wanted to continue after the triple season, but back then no one wanted to miss out on Pep.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not so bad, Don Vito. They did not win by 3 goals but they almost scored 3 goals.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. Raz

Raz Member

Real losing to heavy underdogs Girona, a Catalonian team. Sometimes football writes the best stories... :D

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Real were royally hurt by not replacing Morata with Mbappe or another top forward. When Ronaldo and Benzema were off the pitch or just off, Morata routinely saved them last season. Less noticeably, losing Pepe and replacing him with young players weakened them as well. They were bossed today by Girona, but their midfield talent is still awesome.

I've never seen Barcelona be so dependent on Messi, so maybe the league isn't a lost cause, but 8 points is a lot to make up.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Raz

Raz Member

Javi Martinez in his Halloween costume.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Chelsea defense looking like an U7 squad:

14. don grahamleone

Was he going as Omri Casspi?

[​IMG]

15. Raz

Raz Member

Casspi has been going as Javi for years now.

16. don grahamleone

This Tottenham game is crazy!

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tottenham, Man City always had good Offense. What a header by Dele.

18. Raz

Raz Member

Fun games tonight, was watching simulcast, a lot of goals. Shame on Dortmund, not being able to beat Nikosia once in two matches. They could have had the chance to at least worry Real a little, but I guess Bosz's days might be over pretty soon. Might be too early to write off Real yet, especially since the only won three in last year's group stage and finished 2nd back then. Still, the deficits are obvious, this is Zidane's first tough test as a coach.

Also happy that Leipzig lost. **** them!

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think there was youth game and Dortmund youth beat Nikosia 5:0 before that. I thought it was the real game. hahar.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel the same, the fans are losing their sh** and there are no excuses left for Watzke. These Dutch coaches somehow always refuse to change their ways and stubbornly stick to their failing systems, it's quite funny.