1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Depends on what you want to see, there's surely a lot of drama but the teams often play without any real style.
    Am often watching City&Swansea cuz of Jesus/Sanches and you can clearly see how there doesn't seem to be a real gameplan for many teams, besides kick&rush or parking the bus. Also why I feel bad about the Sanches loan atm, he won't really develop a better understanding of football there.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should have regulated in the way of a Win Win situation......keeping games attractive.

2 superstars pro team and the other 2 foreigners just peanut money, average transfers.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Renato might be a bust because a European national tourney is a small sample size. Bayern has to release him ......

He still can't do it consistently.

What is your take on Jesus Gabriel's role now?

Sane is taking his place against weaker opposition.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That roster will be a problem sooner or later, Pep is kinda forced to rotate now. It's good to see Jesus playing as a striker instead of winger now tho, it's his natural position and where he's best at imo.

Haven't wached City as much as I planned to, will definitely keep an eye on him more, breh still has a lot of room to grow and develop into a beast.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Leroy Sane has made great progress himself.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

One could already see his potential at Schalke, amazing upside. Too bad Bayern missed out on him and Jesus because of Mr. Guardiola. :oops:

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Real-BVB should be a nice match, let's hope BVB doesn't get slaughtered.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Also Man City - Donetsk (underrated Offense side)

Tom: Bayern vs PSG I guess

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Real defender with the handball (which would lead to a penalty and a red card), but ref not seeing it. Few minutes later Bale with 1:0.

Why the F do they have video refs in every small league game, but not in the biggest club competition on Earth? Idiots.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Raz

Raz Member

Once again...

Real good game so far, although it's just 1-0. This could easily escalate into a 3-3.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

well i guess the good news about lcf being eliminated at the cl group stage is that they can focus on the epl and get that 4th spot to qualify for next year's cl. then next year they can get eliminated early again in order to focus on the epl and get that 4th spot to qualify for the cl. then the following year they can get eliminated early again in order to focus on the epl and get that 4th spot to qualify for the cl.

don grahamleone and Yung-T like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did I get the newsflash - already eliminated?

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

well they tied 1-1 last night to a team in shambles. behind in points, not looking good going forward. elimination.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, they are inconsistent more on D than O. And I think they can still play in Europa League Cup once they reached 3rd Spot. Still On 2 Fronts.

#OneGame

#535 daywalker02, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

damn i forgot about europa. can't we just resign from that? lfc won't win against any spanish club, and it'll only hinder our progress in the epl.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't know if the rule changed, but when I was playing a ref could call a handball incidental. The goalie essentially hit the ball straight into Sergio's hand. I felt like the ball wasn't going in regardless of the hand ball.

[​IMG]

It looks a lot worse in slow motion. In real time, I get the no call.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

CSKA Moscow vs Manchester United
    PSG vs Bayern Munich
    Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea
    Juventus vs Olympiakos
    or
    Sporting CP vs Barcelona

Who are you watching tomorrow?!

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

After reviewing it, you're correct. My stream was kind of crappy and it looked a lot worse in replays, no intentional movement and therefore no penalty.

Still don't get why there's no video refereeing in CL though, it's the most important competition and a lot of money is involved.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

PSG-Bayern, of course. Even if you're not a fan of these clubs, this could be a final quality-wise.