1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Beavis Stiffler, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Beavis Stiffler

They should put the game on CNN. Its still a part of Ted Turner's cable channel networks.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There are some really good players in this year's draft class. I personally like the ND guard Jackson...love his toughness...

3. Beavis Stiffler

It looks more likely there will be no teams in the Sweet 16 representing the Lone Star State.:(

4. Bob Barker 007

A&M better start running UNI off the three point line. It doesn't matter if they have played better defense otherwise in the second half, because they are getting torched from 3.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

northern iowa has very well practiced the "spike the ball into the ground to set up an aggie layup" play.

so jesperson hits a half-courter against UT but throws a pass to a&m for a dunk and then commits a touch foul for a 3 point play against a&m.

all washpun has to do is just chunk it over his head as far as he can down the court.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The biggest choke job in NCAA history. UNI gives up 14 points to A&M in the last 38 seconds and it goes to OT.

It was 69-57 at 0:38 and ends up 71-71.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Never seen something like that before.

8. francis 4 prez

this is like watching that purdue/little rock game. someone just needs to put northern iowa out of their misery now. even hitting huge shots in overtime they still have a&m making return shots. they'll probably just get another lead in double OT and a&m will still win.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Find me a bigger choke than what Northern Iowa just pulled

10. francis 4 prez

i can't stand when a team down 3 comes down and takes a tough 2. either take an easy 2 or a 3. you can't come down and take a fadeaway 15 footer. the worst 3 you can take is better than that.

also, what's the reasoning behind college teams not having guys to offensive rebound on free throws. is it just that coaches don't trust college kids to either a) not foul on the rebound or b) get back on defense properly so they just get them back already. or is there something particular to the college game that i don't get?

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

13 in 33

12. Bob Barker 007

That wasn't a choke though. That was all T-Mac. The Spurs even hit their free throws and only turned it over at the end.

13. francis 4 prez

that's not really in the same league as this. i believe the spurs didn't miss a free throw so they basically had 1 turnover plus a dumb foul by duncan on the 4 point play. that was mcgrady just making a bunch of tough shots in a row.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Different.

McGrady being brilliant was the reason the Rockets won that game. Northern Iowa being moronic was the reason they lost that game.

15. donkeypunch

Alright fine. 35-3... :(

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

DAMNIT I SHOULDN'T HAVE ASKED WHY MUST YOU BRING THIS UP

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

that was crazy. apparently god decided to bless UNI vs. the longhorns but not against A&M. we finally know what the lord prefers.

send those white boys back to the middle of nowhere where they belong.

18. donkeypunch

I really didnt want to dredge that **** up. Yall were so rebellious against my ceremonious 'choke job'. Yall made me do it b-holes. Also, Im sorry. :(

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

That was an unbelievable collapse by Northern Iowa. I've never seen such horrid defense, clock management, and press-breaking in the final seconds of a game; it was like watching an intramural team. I mean, I guess give credit to A&M for at least playing to the horn and making their layups, but this is almost 100% on UNI.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Granted UNI had no business being in this game, epic choke job - agreed this is more on UNI being terrible in the final minute than A&M being great. How you can't inbound the ball without a turnover not one, two, three, four...four effing turnover. Are you kidding me?