1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 80s, 90s, 00s NON MVPs Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LCAhmed, Jul 7, 2016.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Horry
    Jmc
    lca

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

LCA
    Red nation

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Jamers - just think it's a much better defensive team while offense is close enough. Jmc has better depth.

RedNation - loaded starting lineup. If this was the Memphis ZBO, it would be a closer matchup.

Other two are close, didn't decide.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

FTW vs Horry = Horry

I really like FTW's offense, but think Horry as a team has better chemistry (despite Melo) and would outlast FTW in game 7.

Jamers vs JMC = JMC

A young CP3 and a prime Grant Hill would be a sight. Scottie Pippen would have his hands full and would be worn out by game 7. Jamers' has the more favorable bigs though, so this was tough.

RedNation vs Jontro = Jerry Lin

Jerry would annihilate RedN and Jontro's teams combined. Once he goes supersaiyan, there's really no stopping him. Jerry Lin starting with MerGady and tinman as subs, no contest.

thething vs LCAhmed = LCAhmed

thething has an enviable C unit, but LCA's offense would score 140 points a game.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Is LCA's offense that great? Looks like poor man's Celtics' offense. Remove KG and Rondo, add Sheed and Hardaway, replace Kendrick with equally inept Ben Wallace.

Very good team, don't get me wrong. But drop 140? thething has a backcourt of Payton and Wade, and Shawn Kemp and Lambeer up front! No one's dropping 140 on these guys.

I think team LCAhmed is easier to think about, so to speak. Two celtics written next to each other, two Pistons written next to each other. good shooters. thething has a pretty ridiculous team though, and the best player in this matchup.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Jamers

RedNation

LCA

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

thething, that roster is insane.

8. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I've been busy guys. My dad a lung transplant over the weekend. He had been waiting for a long time. Peace out.

2 people like this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel like LCA's team is incredibly overrated here because the players are from the 2k era and everyone has seen the two duos (Ray+Pierce, Sheed+Ben) win a championship more recently. In my opinion there's no way it should've won by such huge margins in the first two rounds.

You can really see that going with older players loses you points here.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Wow. sorry to hear your dad had such serious problems, but happy he's got a transplant! i hope he's going to be ok.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Prayers for your father and a speedy recovery!

12. LCAhmed

I agree, I don't think my team is that much greater than any other teams, nor do I find it to be the clear best. I think I have a great team that can compete with anyone's team, but with this kind of draft, all teams should be able to compete except Von Rafers. I didn't have the best player last round, nor do I have him this round. I think my idea for the team is pretty good and I think a lot of people can see it working, I do agree that maybe the 80s portion was a stretch as most did not grow up watching the 1980s players and had to do research as opposed to just knowing who a 90s and 00s player are and probably covet them higher than those who were better but played in the 1980s (I had a tough choice between Pierce and Nique round 1). Perhaps next time we do this, we should leave out the 80s so participants do not feel like they are getting screwed over because of lack of awareness

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

This is true story. I don't know much before the Jordan/Hakeem era. That's why I also mostly chose players from more recent eras, since there are probably others like me.

I did my research and apparently there were really good 80s players that were available, but I ended choosing players like Zach Randolph and Battier instead.

I'm sure don breh has really good players, but God knows I only know like a 3-4 of his players lulz :(

My bad brehs, I hope you all still love Jontro.

We should make it more exciting, like do one of the following drafts:

- all white
    - all foreign
    - all injury prone
    - all 11-30 draft positions
    - etc.

Most of these will probably only allow us to just pick a starting 5 though, due to the limited players available. Or maybe we can do a 3-on-3 players, like in 2k, for some of the above draft.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Speedy recovery to you dad breh

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

imo, lets not focus on votes and fair judgement. it never was satisfactory, it's never going to be, and most of the time people won't even vote anyway.

drafting is the fun part. I just wish we had more discussion about players during the draft though, like we had gram's intros in this draft, that added a lot to the draft.

and i think researching players we maybe don't know or don't remember so well is fun. drafting a very small pool of players, not so fun.

Besides, why just 80s? if we have a bunch of people born in the 90s, then do they really know prime Penny or prime Grant Hill from watching them at the time? No way.

16. LCAhmed

Fair, but I feel people have seen enough highlight videos of said players to get a good idea of who they are. Barely any video of 80s players if they weren't part of championship teams or top 10 talents of that era.

I agree, drafting is the fun part, but there needs to be a means to an end, and the voting of a winning team is just that. It's a shame after the draft is over, literally 80%+ disappear from the thread.

17. thething

thething Contributing Member

Thanks Don. I feel like I have the better player in 9/10 spots, with Paul Pierce over Bernard King the only one (though even that could be debated).

I'm so lost with the voting count right now that I don't know what needs voting on. If I lose because people underrate my 80s guys, I can live with that. Besides Dwyane Wade, I pretty much stayed out of the 00s because the better value was earlier. That's part of what makes the draft fun.

18. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Bro you team is good but that spacing is atrocious

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Off-topic: Got this crappin 4-week job for semester break where work starts 5am, it sucks breehs. Want to go back to my warm bed. :(

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

That sucks breh. My summer job just ended so I sleep all day now