1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016/2017 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Aaaand 1860 gone fishing.
    Finally red seats for Allianz Arena? :p:oops:

2. Raz

Raz Member

Yeah! Their idiotic fans already helped and deconstructed the grey ones.

There was a time when I hoped for 1860 to return to the Bundesliga, just to see the Munich derby back. But after what happened the last few years, their relegation is one of the best things that could happen to Bayern. Cheers!

AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kinda baffled the ref didn't end the game earlier, players could've been harmed by those idiots and the game was over anyways.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ian Ayre left Liverpool to join 1860 two months ago and already stepped down as GM, what a warrior. No wonder this club is in shambles.

President also stepped down yesterday.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Edit: His official statement is out and he apparently stepped down before yesterday's match even started.
    The statement makes a lot of sense, he's basically saying the shareholders don't have any aligned interests and make it impossible to really build a future for the club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-liverpool-chief-executive-ian-10531676

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Commerce, Money and Futball/Soccer.

You have to be on the same page, and turn the corner together.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wenger contract extension official.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would have loved to start afresh but I have nothing against the Professor. I would just invest more in players.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The fans on social media are quite furious, funny to read the comments.

Agree with you, I think he's a good coach and well-liked by the players, but they need to invest heavily instead of doing these typical Wenger transfers (early twenties, 2nd tier guys who will never be stars).

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Emghames signed by Hannover yesterday.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Regional Tizzle news: My College town's club FC Carl Zeiss Jena just won relegation and will be playing in 3rd division next season, nice ish.

The club actually won the Euro Cup decades ago (and trashed young Ancelotti's Roma 4:0), so it's nice to see a team with a huge history climbing up the ranks again.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

why don't you apply for a position in that club breh? coaching staff or in recruitment? gotta start somewhere. if the club goes to the first division in a few years, that'll do you good for your resume

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did in an internship there and it was the most horribly organized business/club I've ever seen. No one had a clue, the divisions weren't cooperating anyhow, everyone doing their own thing, rookie employees beig sent to negotiations with local business and doing horrible deals etc.

I mean, I'm not even finished with University and saw a ton of things that need to be changed immediately. This club has been in shambles before and with the way they handle things, I'm sure it will happen again.

Won't touch that club with a 1000ft pole.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

L'Equipe saying Feyenoord coach van Bronckhorst has agreed to a deal with Dortmund.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have not seen many Dutch players playing for BVB, may that change in the near future.

There were some minor names but neither did 100 appearances or more.

Why did Tuchel go? His record was ok....Cup title.

#1095 daywalker02, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tuchel clashed with BVB officials (mainly Watzke) and a small bunch of players (Schmelzer, Sahin), which lead to his demise. Most prominent example was him attacking Watzke and BVB publicly after the Monaco game, Tuchel basically claimed that no one respected his or the players' wishes for a postponement of the match.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup, sad, a bombing attempt and hit made his sacking final. What are the odds.

One year too early.... He might be gone after another year with Auba going to another club.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

1860 Munich Investor Ismaik won't pay for the club's 3rd division license, which means 1860 wiill have to play in 4th or possibly 5th division next season. Dark times ahead for that club.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They just need an aficionado of football. Someone who invests not because of returns but for love of the ballclub and the city of Munich to have a real derby again.

Capable peeps and believers.

20. Raz

Raz Member

There were rumors about him being let go already during the winter break. The management promised him last summer to not sell more than two key players but then transfered Hummels, Gündogan and Mkhitaryan. When they did, it was pretty obvious that Dortmund wouldn't be able to compete for the Bundesliga title. I guess Tuchel was furious about that and let Zorc and Watzke know.