1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., Mar 15, 2015.

1. AFS

AFS Member

I think it's also worth noting the talent disparity between the teams. Duke's freshman were all Top 25 recruits (Okafor #1, Jones #5, Winslow #15, Allen #21) whereas Wisconsin had two guys on their entire roster who were Top100 recruits (Dekker #17 in class of 2012, Hayes was #83 in class of 2013). None of the Wisconsin seniors, including Kaminsky, were Top100 recruits.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

wot. Thought he was a known Duke fan?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congrats to the state of Wisconsin's own Tony Romo on the big Duke win! <a href="http://t.co/O4IvvNdTvy">http://t.co/O4IvvNdTvy</a> <a href="https://t.co/6qjniezFQz">https://t.co/6qjniezFQz</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation (@SBNation) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/585287513339723778">April 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I guess one and done is ok when it's Coach K doing it?

4. i3artow i3aller

Romo finally found a way not to lose [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol @ Bo Ryan complaining about the refs last night when they were worse in the Kentucky game you know the game where the calls were in favor of them

6. Major

Major Member

Doesn't this describe every coach in the history of sports?

7. i3artow i3aller

Only Coach K can win a title with a bunch of one-and-dones and avoid all the shade that constantly gets thrown at Calipari for doing the same thing [​IMG]

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Coach Cal took blame for the Wisconsin game instead of blaming the refs. Bo even said he doesn't rent players do yes I will say his complaints went overboard. He also whined last year after his team was eliminated.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yup its quite hilarious.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I ended up in 2nd place in the official Clutchfans tournament. Yeah, I'm good.

#430 Haymitch, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Random side note here: is anyone else sick of the "I must scream" reaction in basketball? What ever happened to acting like you belong there? Cannot imagine college Drexler or Hakeem doing this unless they won it all. It's not a good look for "hey, I made a 2-point bucket with 12 minutes left in the game! Look at me!"

[​IMG]
    Cook is like, "whoa, dude. don't pee yourself."

[​IMG]
    I know, I know: it's just passion. Save it for soccer.

Of course it's all over the NBA too. Bleh.
    [​IMG]
    Save it for wrestling, unless you actually win something.

12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Tyus to Houston @ #14

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

No way. He's like the next Shane Larkin.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some are certainly much worse than others. Bo Ryan is one of the worst whiners out there that begs for calls though. Meanwhile he couches his players to attempt to draw fouls and flop left and right.

It's a shame, because they are a good team. With that being said, they received huge helps from the refs in both the Arizona and Kentucky games. What goes around comes around.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Karma.

Go Duke!

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I didn't realize showing emotion was bad?

Screams / intense displays of emotion don't only pump you up, but you also get your teammates and the crowd going.

Furthermore, the Grayson Allen example came in the biggest moments of the biggest game of his young college career. I see absolutely nothing wrong with screaming. It may even intimidate the other team.

17. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

No, the players need to all be emotionless robots, Jolt!

If you're complaining about players screaming, then you're life is too good, i.e. you've run out of things to complain about. This was the championship game, Allen is a 19 y/o who essentially rode the pine the entire season, and he came up HUGE for his team - if he didn't scream, I would assume he's a cold blooded killer.

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Shout out to Brianna Turner, local girl outta Pearland (Manvel HS) Starting freshman for Notre Dame

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

This. Even if you lose partially because of some bad calls down the stretch, don't blame the refs, don't blame one and done system.

Take the loss and be a gracious loser. Railing on the refs, the way the opposing team play and college basketball recruiting just makes you look like a sore loser.

Wisky had 2 fouls in the first half while Winslow and Okafor were both in foul trouble. Refs evened up the fouls discrepancy a bit more the second half. They missed an out of bound call (maybe an inch on the sideline), which is understandable. And they didn't have access to the multi-angle replay that was shown on TV. From some angles on a small screen, the call would be inconclusive, and thus the call on the floor stays.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

That's disrespectful. More like CP3.