1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It is always pleasing to the eye to see "The Pulp":
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/aK1PC1N6_nU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/aK1PC1N6_nU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

No one who is a DYNAMO fan gives a **** about the dumb Sounders or the crappy Toronto emmefers. WE ARE ORANGE! :cool:

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Hmm, except Dynamo fans that are USMNT fans?:confused:

3. SwoLy-D

We still don't care for all the other teams. F*** the Sounders. F*** Toronto.

Please don't tell me you're watching all the other teams because "they have USMNT players"? :rolleyes:

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No, we watch other teams because we are fans of soccer, and enjoy watching good players go against each other. Do you not watch the Broncos play the Patriots? Or the Heat play the Thunder?

5. SwoLy-D

^ No. I don't. I only care about the TEXANS or the ROCKETS and how they do. :eek: Other teams don't matter until we play them. Why, what you got?

6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I disagree with you on most things. But I STRONGLY agree with you on this matter.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As usual, when it comes to meaningless internet debates, I've got nothing. However, I do think you're in the minority when it comes to this point. Most people enjoy watching good players go against each other, regardless of rooting interest. It's why we watch the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, World Series, World Cup, etc.

Speaking of which, are you only planning on watching Mexico during the World Cup?

8. Beavis Stiffler

I'm a fan of the Dynamo, USA, and the sport of soccer.

I agree with Fyreball especially if our favorite home teams are involved in a very close playoff race and we need other teams to lose.

For example last year, the Dynamo needed a win plus Chicago and Montreal to lose their games to get in the playoffs.

I'm also interested in watching the CONCACAF Champions League to see if a MLS team finally wins it and end the Mexican League domination. But I'm a little torn about this because I want the Dynamo to win the CCL tournament and become 1st USA/MLS team to end Mexican League's reign.

9. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KZ_wInQtcWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Defoe is doing decent.

11. Beavis Stiffler

Halftime: Houston Dynamo 1-0 Montreal Impact

Will Bruin scores again, his 3rd goal this season.

A great performance from him, Bradley, and Toronto winning a big game against Seattle.

Dempsey scored a goal but he might get suspended for this.....

[​IMG]

12. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bXrjNtuGRgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Couldn't ask for a better start. 2-0-0 and Bruin is scoring. He just looks better physicaly than he ever has. Looks like he's slimmed down some and quicker. I realize that goal was a deflection, but it was set up with a move I'm not sure he can make in the 3 previous years.

If Bruin keeps this up, it's going to be a fun season!

14. SwoLy-D

Beavis Stiffler, I barely noticed that your post said "will be a battle" but it doesn't say "I will watch it." I thought that's what you said, hence my argument about "who gives a #($*&." I apologize this all started because I misread that.

I like Football (soccer for you all) more than any other sport. With that said...
    Yes. Will I watch others? Maybe. It is not with the same interest, and I don't care what others do.

Will I catch some other games? Sure. Will I watch the final? Defnitely.
    Will I cheer for any other team to win? NO.

National vs. league team play is WAY different, ferrari77. When Mexicans like Márquez, Bravo, Pardo, Blanco and now Bautista play in other MLS teams, they're enemies to me.

There is a huge difference between "watching" another team and "cheering or desiring for another team to win besides your own." I will do no such thing as the latter. Watching the opening game is a must, for the love of the Cup.
    I know for a fact that MLS teams are inferior to all the other leagues, save for maybe a few in the caribbean or Central American countries, but NO WAY would I ever wish that Dynamo lose or cheer against them in the CONCACAF Champions League or in any other tournament. My team in México is CD América and even though I know they might beat the Dynamo if they ever play (not this time around, though), I would never cheer against the DYNAMO, even if they play against México. NEVER. :cool:

I am more than sure that the DYNAMO will still be the first team to ever win in MEXICO.

1 person likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dynamo off to a great start 2-0 - let's go DYNAMOOOOOO !!

DD

16. SexyButIgnorant

I recently got a job that involves me going to every Dynamo home game. How we doing this year?

Also, the more games they play, the more money I make. Are we involved in any other tournaments and cups besides the MLS season this year??

17. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

US Open Cup. We may have one home game but I wouldn't count on a deep run into the tournament or us trying to host games.

18. SwoLy-D

If you're that "involved" in going to every Dynamo home game... at least look up their schedule, man. That can't be very difficult. :eek:

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

20. Beavis Stiffler

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember we (Houston sports fans) all learned our lesson the last time a Houston pro team went 2-0 to start the season. :coughs:Texans:coughs: