1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

At least he wasn't from the School of Mimes.

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

That was what I thought the guy was saying at first. I had to take a second look and make sure it was an "N". The guy I work with thought it was a military school.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yeah it is. As mentioned already, it is a great engineering school and they also have a really good soccer program. Although it isn't DI there are still a number of players in DII and DIII that could compete on the MLS level imo.

Glad for the kid Tesho. He balled out every year he was at the school and did the same when he got the invite to the MLS combine.

Pareja at FCD knew what he was doing.

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

They take a lanky F in the 2nd round. Mark Sherrod also looks like another intelligent guy that plays well with the ball in the air.

5. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U3VzzGrtiL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Beavis Stiffler

<script height="350px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=VlY3B3ajo_cGMNiUTBn4JvNJYuDVSvKM&pbid=2d940881487848159b3b99a3ae8125b9"></script>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fMTbltqBXkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Beavis Stiffler

Houston Dynamo acquire midfielder Tony Cascio on loan from Colorado Rapids. The deal marks the first intra-league loan between two MLS clubs in the history of the league.

http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/2014/01/houston-dynamo-acquire-midfielder-tony-cascio-loan-colorado-rapids

The Dynamo also picked up GK Michael Lisch (Austin, TX native) from the University of New Mexico.

http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/2014/01/houston-dynamo-select-goalkeeper-michael-lisch-third-round-2014-mls-superdraft

8. Beavis Stiffler

MLS contemplating playoff format tweak: Give higher seed choice of home leg

http://soccer.si.com/2014/01/20/mls-contemplating-playoff-format-tweak-give-higher-seed-choice-of-home-leg/

9. Beavis Stiffler

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Looking good on Andrew Driver's return to the <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonDynamo">@HoustonDynamo</a>. More to come soon.</p>&mdash; Chris Canetti (@ChrisCanetti) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisCanetti/statuses/426750007253794816">January 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VYaluDB_yRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Beavis Stiffler

12. Beavis Stiffler

^Expecting all five of these games to be sold out including the 4th of July game.

There's been history that the Dynamo hosted and played a game on a holiday (Easter/Good Friday weekend, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Cinco De Mayo, and Halloween).

It's like they're the only pro sports team in Houston to have a home game on a special holiday. We're still waiting for the Rockets to have a Christmas game at Toyota Center and the Texans to have NBC's Thanksgiving game at Reliant Stadium.

13. DwightHoward13

I always enjoy the New Year's Eve Rockets game; I think playing on holidays is not as counter-intuitive as it seems. Many people can and do form traditions around sporting events on holidays. One other thing: I hate the format for the MLS Cup. It needs to be played on a neutral site.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Not Halloween, maybe those other holidays but its dumb to have it on halloween

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

AWAY Jersey leaked :cool: :

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/02/exclusive-houston-dynamo-2014-away.html
    [​IMG]

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Still no sponsor huh? Why not UNICEF?

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The lack of jersey sponsorship is really hurting the team's look. The wide open real estate makes these new Adidas templates look really bland, especially the away kit. Houston is home to so many Fortune 500 companies and the Dynamo can't find one to sponsor?

Part of me feels like this is yet another byproduct of AEG still owning the team. We are the red-headed stepchild to the Galaxy in their books and any independently owned team worth their salt (and still-new stadium) in a large market like Houston should have a sponsor by now.

Come on, Whataburger; Pony up and sponsor a kit begging for your colors to be added seamlessly.

18. Beavis Stiffler

I'm sure there's someone who is interested in the Dynamo and the sport of soccer and put their sponsor on the jerseys. I think they are looking for a very good sponsorship deal that's worth 10-20 million dollars for 5 years just like what the other MLS teams have. I'm also guessing the Dash's jersey sponsor deal is only less than a million dollars.

19. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gQH-xTb98rA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek:

I hadn't thought about it that way, but... MAN, they'd grow so much.

I don't think they have an interest. What with there being no Whataburgers, albeit, in more states... they don't want that advertisement... but you make so much sense... so much it won't be done.

:(

I'll send a letter to Whataburger, man. Should I?